What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E-mail settings & contacts close

anna_e

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey,

I have a problem with my iPad 2. WhenI bought my iPad, everything worked. But then I installed iOS5, and ever since, I cannot open contacts and I cannot go into the settings for contacts & e-mail. I can use e-mail, but cannot go into the settings. When I try to do so, it automatically shuts down.

I have tried to re-install the iPad, tried to reset the settings and the content, tried to hold home and on/off-button so it re-installs the iOS5, but it never works, since in order for me to get the apps back, it always uses the safety back-up in iTunes.

Anyone who has had the same problem as I'm having? Anyone have any suggestions for how I can solve this problem? Would be so grateful.

Thank you in advance!

belliott1950

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the exact same problem. I am thinking of paying on line for iPad support to see if the can help. If I do or if I find the answer, I will be sure to post here. Good luck to us both.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Holding down the home and power button does not restore the iPad. It's just a kind of super clean restart.

It sounds like you've done a restore from backup. If that did not work you would need to do a plain old restore; after that you have to manually put the apps back on, not restore from backup (as that also restores your iPad's settings).

If they are all in iTunes on the computer, you can copy them back to the iPad with a sync (not restore from backup).

Or you can go to the Purchased tab in the App Store (on the iPad) and download them again. It's free.

You'll want to make sure that you've saved any documents, pictures (on camera roll), or other important files first. Email them to yourself is necessary.

::::::::

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
A

anna_e

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, will try that one!

Most reactions

Latest posts