What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thoughts on screen protectors?

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
assuming a person takes gentle care of their ipad, keeps it in a case that protects it from bumps, and drops, is there an actual benefit to applying a third-party screen protector?

I can see that the protector would suffer any scratches, not the display glass itself..is that *the* reason for having a screen protector?

and I mean the glass type, not merely a case that flaps over the screen when the ipad’s not in use.

thank you.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Am keeping fingers crossed as I type this, but I have never used screen protectors, but I do take great care of my devices, which all have back covers.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have never scratched a screen on my iPad, including taking it on several lengthy road trip vacations as my only camera. No screen protector or foldover case, but I do use a thin urethane snap-on back cover, which also protects the corners if dropped. I also keep my iPad in a foam-padded STM zip bag when not in use.

My wife uses no extra protection at all, but just shoves her Mini into her purse pocket. No scratches at all. The glass is quite tough. I can see more need with a phone, though.

Most reactions