What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matte screen protector vs Non

Aventador2030

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey,
I will soon buy an Ipad pro 12.9 and I'm pondering whether or not I should add a matte screen protector to it.
The main issue for me with a "naked" screen is fingerprints.
The Matte screen protectors seemed like a nice solution but it comes with a price (screen quality and pencil functionality in a way), and I'm not sure if it's worth it.
If there's a different solution solely for fingerprints I would love to hear, but what do you think in general?
If you have any suggestions for products please post them as well.
*I am NOT looking for actual protection for the screen, as it's covered with the case*

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I didn’t put a screen protector in my iPad Pro and very glad I didn’t. I use a case and treat the iPad like a piece of expensive pro gear.

If a meteor hits the house I’m probably screwed…

OP
A

Aventador2030

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn’t put a screen protector in my iPad Pro and very glad I didn’t. I use a case and treat the iPad like a piece of expensive pro gear.

If a meteor hits the house I’m probably screwed…
How bad are the fingerprints?

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Honestly I don't even notice them, and I don't take any special precautions to avoid them. My hands are clean, of course, but I have the same skin oils anyone else does. The viewing angle for normal drawing / designing, etc doesn't show anything on the surface of the glass. If the display is low or off and if you tilt the iPad just right, you can see all the smudges and fingerprints, but that simply isn't an actual use case scenario. I would not be willing to give up even a whisper of sensitivity in exchange for an always-pristine, smudge-free screen.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hey,
I will soon buy an Ipad pro 12.9 and I'm pondering whether or not I should add a matte screen protector to it.
The main issue for me with a "naked" screen is fingerprints.
The Matte screen protectors seemed like a nice solution but it comes with a price (screen quality and pencil functionality in a way), and I'm not sure if it's worth it.
If there's a different solution solely for fingerprints I would love to hear, but what do you think in general?
If you have any suggestions for products please post them as well.
*I am NOT looking for actual protection for the screen, as it's covered with the case*
I regularly clean all my device screens, including an iPad Pro, with a moist lens cloth. It really doesn’t take long and I don’t have a fingerprint problem.

OP
A

Aventador2030

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I regularly clean all my device screens, including an iPad Pro, with a moist lens cloth. It really doesn’t take long and I don’t have a fingerprint problem.
Honestly I don't even notice them, and I don't take any special precautions to avoid them. My hands are clean, of course, but I have the same skin oils anyone else does. The viewing angle for normal drawing / designing, etc doesn't show anything on the surface of the glass. If the display is low or off and if you tilt the iPad just right, you can see all the smudges and fingerprints, but that simply isn't an actual use case scenario. I would not be willing to give up even a whisper of sensitivity in exchange for an always-pristine, smudge-free screen.

Thanks for the comments. What do you think about rubber nib/tip covers?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It’s probably not a good idea to put any sort of cover on the Apple Pencil tip.

Most reactions

Latest posts