What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things i love and things i hate about my new ipad3

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, various apps allow you to save attachments. Some even let you save them, edit and/or make marks on top of the attachments.

And does very nicely at marking up some PDFs for sure! I know without an SD card slot or USB port, the lack of ease printing while on the go, and a lack of a robust Excel experience the iPad can't fully replace a laptop ( not that it was meant to in the first place ) but for me minus the 3 limitations I just listed, it truly has!

So it is about knowing your strengths and weaknesses and looking for work arounds if necessary!

OP
P

pahfoh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickeylittle said:
And does very nicely at marking up some PDFs for sure! I know without an SD card slot or USB port, the lack of ease printing while on the go, and a lack of a robust Excel experience the iPad can't fully replace a laptop ( not that it was meant to in the first place ) but for me minus the 3 limitations I just listed, it truly has!

So it is about knowing your strengths and weaknesses and looking for work arounds if necessary!

That's is the down side. My main requirement for work stuff is full excel functionality and access to my Microsoft sharepoint. The work stuff was a nice to have wish list. So far, it does just what I wanted it for and I'm very happy.

Last edited:

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seadog, I love the camera! It is so easy to use and takes amazing pics.

Regarding the browser, I use the diigo browser. Very much like chrome and much better than safari but still not great. Will just take time, I'm sure.

Good, I was going to suggest diigo and dolphin browser to see if that helped. I like both better myself.

OP
P

pahfoh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I discovered something new today...there is some form of multitasking on the device. If you grab the screen with a few fingers and swipe up, it reveals the most recent apps and you can switch between them. Getting happier and happier by the minute!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I discovered something new today...there is some form of multitasking on the device. If you grab the screen with a few fingers and swipe up, it reveals the most recent apps and you can switch between them. Getting happier and happier by the minute!

Multigestures was intro'd with 4.3 firmware, if I remember correctly. If you're not familiar with them, they're listed under Settings > General > Multitasking Gestures

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
pahfoh said:

Maybe download the iPad manual into iBooks? There are many features of IOS you could be missing out on! Multitasking was introduced in ios4 for example, and gestures were made public in ios5 :)

iDuffer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pahfoh said:

or you can double-tap the home button

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
pahfoh said:
That's is the down side. My main requirement for work stuff is full excel functionality and access to my Microsoft sharepoint. The work stuff was a nice to have wish list. So far, it does just what I wanted it for and I'm very happy.

Try SharePlus Pro + Documents2Go & CloudOn. Works for me :)

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah but even Docs to Go just can't properly handle a massive spreadsheet! I don't know if it's the amount of complex formulas or the staggering amount of columns but Excel docs of this nature just seem to have no light at the end of the tunnel for iPad tablets.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mickeylittle said:
Yeah but even Docs to Go just can't properly handle a massive spreadsheet! I don't know if it's the amount of complex formulas or the staggering amount of columns but Excel docs of this nature just seem to have no light at the end of the tunnel for iPad tablets.

CloudOn for complex ones though?

Sp1kestrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Whoah! Back to basics. Double tap the home button to bring up the app switcher, or multitasking bar. The new iPad is quite capable of running simultaneous tasks. Try watching the videos on the Apple website if you're that green to iOS, you'll find a plethora of useful information.

Edit: I'm at work, and it took me a while to post this. Obviously someone beat me to the punch, but the videos on the Apple site are still a good idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
CloudOn might work great for some people no doubt. The only hindrance I have with it is that it crawls for some reason, probably due to our Internet service not being the fastest but it is fast enough for NetFlix to stream very nice.

Texas Holders

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You'll also want to close those out when you are done using them as they are still running in the background.

Most reactions