What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things I Love About iOS6, and Things I Hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

nigelmercier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Things I Hate About iOS6:

Maps, obviously
The Alarm Clock, can't drag alarm to a different day
My iPad now keeps dropping the Wi-Fi signal
Email app still has no bulk select for delete, as in Windows shift-click

Things I Love About iOS6:

Errrr ... Haven't found anything yet.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I feel my iPad 2 is a little snappier in its operation. I like the upgraded email features. I don't like the YouTube app being pulled. I've only had the update about 3-4 days so the jury is still sort of out for me.

Dennykrane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It all depends on what's important to you.

Maps is no problems as I use it once a week, there are other apps that use google source like Live St free.
YouTube app was available in App Store weeks before IOS6, and it is heaps better anyway.
What's more important is that some apps, whilst updated for IOS6, are strangely unreliable now.
Facebook looses connections, iLoader fails half way through uploads, that spinning wheel goes on and on
Podcast app refuses to restart if you go to make a cup of tea.....these things are important and totally
Unforgivable and never happened on IOS5.1.

Dennykrane

yellowhorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can see YouTube in safari now. It's proof positive that it was a corporate plot to drive us all nuts. We could have had youtube in safari all along. Curse thee apple gawds!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
yellowhorse said:
You can see YouTube in safari now. It's proof positive that it was a corporate plot to drive us all nuts. We could have had youtube in safari all along. Curse thee apple gawds!

I thought we did? I usually use a browser for YouTube as its the only way I have full access to my channel. One thing I haven't figured out yet is how to upload videos to YouTube directly from iPad/iPhone. It was easy when YouTube was embedded. Anyone tried yet?

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no complaints about iOS 6. I don't use Maps; in my car I use a Garmin. Email is fine... Wait, I do have a complaint there. When I "star" an email they only stay in that folder for a few days then disappear. Everything else seems fine.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mdholm said:
I have no complaints about iOS 6. I don't use Maps; in my car I use a Garmin. Email is fine... Wait, I do have a complaint there. When I "star" an email they only stay in that folder for a few days then disappear. Everything else seems fine.

Is that an Exchange account? I think the starred emails only last as long as they do in your regular inbox. I put one of my colleagues on the favorites list to check it out, and I notice all of his emails have disappeared except the most recent one.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts