What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Oscars

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just looked up long enough to note that "Life of Pi" has just won two Oscars, for cinematography and visual effects. Anyone seen it? Pretty impressive looking tiger on there.

Nikhil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just looked up long enough to note that "Life of Pi" has just won two Oscars, for cinematography and visual effects. Anyone seen it? Pretty impressive looking tiger on there.

Wow finally life of pi finally a Indian film

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Wife & I saw it in 3D @ a local complex - impressive CGI - nearly all of the scenes w/ the tiger (I think about 80%) were graphic imaging, but it looked so REAL! A recommendation - BTW, I'm taping the Oscars (I can't stand commercials anymore @ my age) - :)

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wife & I saw it in 3D @ a local complex - impressive CGI - nearly all of the scenes w/ the tiger (I think about 80%) were graphic imaging, but it looked so REAL! A recommendation - BTW, I'm taping the Oscars (I can't stand commercials anymore @ my age) - :)

No more spoilers, then. We can wait until you've seen it.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I missed in theaters but have already ordered (pre-ordered) the blu-ray.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pure D Crapola, I gotts to say. And I should know because I did not actually see it, so you can trust me. They voted to give some little kid's film a statue yet the Oscar people snubbed The Duke for decades? The Duke is John Wayne, for you kids out there that have never seen a real actor. They gave JW an Oscar for True Grit more as a pity award. He deserved better.

Come on people, stop trusting the Oscars. They are a waste of time. Wait until LOP arrives at the dollar theaters and then go eat some chicken and save the dollar.

Except the scientific and technical Oscars. Those people never get screen time yet they make movies about fake cats and little kids possible.

Most that voted for LOP likely likely did not see it. In my version of the film, it would be an SNL short or YT video and all you will see is big, burping and ever so satisfied kitty and perhaps a few morsels left over. Then the cat morphs into a power ranger and takes over the rescue ship.

My advice is this: use your heads., people. The kid is done for and the cat gets fatter if this was real life. I give Life of Pi a 3.1415.

I hate the Oscars. Mob controlled, most likely.

Most reactions

Latest posts