What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New MacBook Pros Announced

cimousa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.cimousa.com
MacBook Pro - Apple Store (U.S.)

15" Pros:
  • 2.4-2.53GHz (boost: 2.933-3.066GHz) i5s, 2.66GHz (boost: 3.333 GHz) i7
  • Higher res displays up to 1680x1050. I know this isn't 1080p but IMHO it's still pretty good.
  • Same compact, slim design, plus long battery life for such /fast/ laptops
15" Cons:
  • Would like (personally) to have seen them drop the internal optical drive for more storage, but that's actually not really a big deal.
  • No USB 3.0! Why, at this point, not?
  • Although the displays are high res, why couldn't they just do 1080p? Comon. Honestly.
  • Pretty decent lineup of of laptops - will agree well with consumers.

aetherhole

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was so tempted to get a Core i7 15" MBP, but I realized I already have an 24" iMac at home and will be getting an iPad this week to be my portable device.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the email from Apple about them. I'm tempted as I'm still using my 5 year old HP with windows XP. Well I rarely use it, but it's the one I have. It's got the 17 inch screen and I wish I'd gone smaller ( and should have gotten a macbook instead anyway).

Tagg67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really like the no logging off to switch the video graphics settings. That is the one thing I don't like about my Macbook Pro (2009) model.

I will wait until they add BlueRay before I upgrade my current Macbook Pro.

Most reactions