What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The London Olympics 2012

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes--this Olympic year has really brought out some differences that future host countries will need to follow. it's a new change which I really enjoyed from start to finish. Sorry to see it finishing soon, but London did a fantastic job, hands down!! Definitely a Legacy in many ways!
At last we have something to be proud of again.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, now we're talking, bagsy being the Indian!!!!

e3d8063c.jpg
LOL.....i wanted to give you a like for that Chris but theres no like button.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Belolo, Henri, Morali, Jacques and Willis probably the most talented collection of Indian, Cowboy, Highway Policeman, builder and leather clad beardie man!!
you know their names? If anyone had asked me i would have had no idea!

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
I loved Queen, but tonight Brian May had to spoil it by having a badger and a fox on the sleeves of his tunic, the Olympics are not a place to bring up politics, and band members should stick to making music, leave the politics to politicians!!!!!

R.I.P Freddie, your music will live on forever!

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can you explain the badger and fox?. I don't know what that's all about. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
He's very much against the control of foxes and badgers, in Great Britain there has been an influx of foxes, which are now looking very mangy, me personally, I blame the large amount of fast food outlets leaving food waste outside, which attracts large amounts of unwanted animals and rodents. Where there are large amounts of food, animals will increase in numbers, but due to the lack of nourishment the animals are thin and in many cases carrying fox mange.
As for the badgers, this is a very sticky subject, badgers are a highly protected species in this country, but it is common knowledge that they carry Bovine Tuberculosis, certain areas have been given the power to have a percentage of badgers culled to see if this helps the spread of the disease, the research hasn't really given a definate answer, so this gives the Animal Rights groups ammunition to stop what they call unnecessary murder. Brian May is a large contributor to the Animal Rights movement.
It's a very political thing so this is we're this conversation must end, I have explained it as well as I can, now it's time to try Google and see what it says on the matter.

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
I've just been watching some of the wrapping up programme for the Olympics and they were interviewing some of the games volunteers, who I assumed all to have been from Blighty but it turns out I was wrong, the first two they spoke to we're from Australia and USA (Michigan), how amazing that these folks have come from across the planet to make the London games so successful!

The Archangel

Yes, I watched the same programme, and echo what you say about the volunteers, Gabe.

I must remember to buy newspapers with Olympics souvenir supplements.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
TheRambler said:
I'm hearing that possibly 'The Who' may be doing a set in the Olympic Close!!! Now that will be awesome!

Wasn't it just and then some, TheRambler! It was brilliant stuff. :)

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
TheRambler said:
You two are mad LOL

The rumours even said something about Del Boy and Rodney sketch

Batman and Robin, after they "Blew the bloody doors off!" :D :D :D

Last edited: