What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The London Olympics 2012

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hope my knuckles won't be rapped, but I couldn't help but notice that one of the disqualified badminton players had her name, JUNG K on the back of her purple top.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Last edited:

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm so glad I didn't offend anyone. I love you guys. I also get the self deprecating humor. I engage in that quite often myself :)
I didn't see any of the Olympics last night, but I think the network needs to hire Richard, stranding and Haylees for giving so much, up to date information. :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mollysmom said:
I'm so glad I didn't offend anyone. I love you guys. I also get the self deprecating humor. I engage in that quite often myself :)
I didn't see any of the Olympics last night, but I think the network needs to hire Richard, stranding and Haylees for giving so much, up to date information. :)

Hi Mollysmum. I'm sure no one has taken any offence. But thanks for posting.

The games are so exciting. My wife and I are enjoying sports we haven't watched before.

BTW, the Post Office here is printing special stamps with Team GB Gold medal winners on them. I hope to buy a set. Is anything similar happening in N. America for N. American medal winners?

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another Team GB medal is on it's way Gemma Gibbons has beaten the French world champion in the judo semi-finals. Yippee!

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
Another Team GB medal is on it's way Gemma Gibbons has beaten the French world champion in the judo semi-finals. Yippee!

I'm back & been riveted by the judo!!! Wonderful last-minute throw by Gemma. Had no idea judo could be so exciting! That means at least a silver.

Well, no way can you call judo a sitting down sprout:):).

Whoops, giggling! It was meant to be a "sport". That dastardly apple spell checker seems to be developing a Brit sense of the ridiculous. Getting quite good at it, too, even though he's a mere Yankee :):):)

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone watching the clay pigeon shooting on now? Though they don't call it that...

How about those exploding purple smokes? How funny! Makes the hits much easier & flashier to see than when I had a brief go. But I didn't get anywhere near any hits, so nothing to see anyway:).

How do they DO that, hitting one after another???

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can hardly BELIEVE all this excitement!!!

Brit Wilson in the Purple Smokes has a GOLD!!!

And just in the double canoe whitewater slalom both GOLD & SILVER to Brit pairs!!!

They all jumped in, canoeists & coaches for a whitewater party!!!

I'm just off to the loo to calm down a bit...:):):)

Last edited:

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Congrats to the US-- a GOLD for US Harrison in the women's judo & SILVER for Brit Gemma.

Wonderful result for both girls!!! Especially for Harrison who has been through some really bad times.

Wow.....

Now for more sitting down sprouts in the velodrome:):):)
Where's the coffee?

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What's the medal count for GB now? It seems like they are coming fast and furious lately.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
mollysmom said:
What's the medal count for GB now? It seems like they are coming fast and furious lately.

So far,Great Britain has won 5 Gold,6 Silver and 4 Bronze medals.

Last edited:
OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
So far,Great Britain has won 5 Gold,6 Silver and 4Bronze medals.

Yes, that's the current position, and hopefully counting. This links to the medal table. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/medals/countries

Yesterday was another great day's viewing. We are getting very good at the "sitting down" approach to the Olympics. Our intention was to visit Stratford, where the Olympic park is located, today. However, I'm having second thoughts as huge crowds are expected for the athletics today and tomorrow.. The shopping mall will be closed these 2 days :(

No the unsmiley is about overcrowding and not picking up tickets today - not about the lost shopping experience! :)

History is certainly being made. Yesterday's lightweight men's 4s rowing race at Eton Dorney was nail biting and edge of the seat stuff. The first 3 past the winning post were cats whiskers apart.. Then, the canoe slalom was fantastic. especially for Team GB bagging Gold and Silver... :) :) :)

Michael Phelps is continuing to bag medals. He is a fantastic swimmer, and a lovely humble man when interviewed. A real star.

We are enjoying a nice sunrise today. I hope it bodes fair for another good day at the Olympics. The weather forecast on Radio2 has just been read; "Mainly dry with sunny spells." Yess :)

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's great to see events taking place in the main stadium.

Wow! Team GB has struck GOLD in the women's 2000 doubles rowing.

The incredible Lottery funding is paying off handsomely. :) :) :) :) :)

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
It's great to see events taking place in the main stadium.

Wow! Team GB has struck GOLD in the women's 2000 doubles rowing.

The incredible Lottery funding is paying off handsomely. :) :) :) :) :)

This morning has been SO enjoyable to watch! Great for the canoeing!!! And for the first day in the big arena--it's packed!

Not enjoying the sailing as much:-(. Not because it's a tussle between the Brit Ben & Dane Christensen (which, being half & half, always puts me in a quandary) but because it's such a CLASH.

There seems to be really bad feeling between those two & it's overshadowing the whole event now. For me anyway. A great shame because the shots of the sea, the waves, the spray, the yachts, the distant shoreline, the whole blue saltiness of the racing is just Stupendous...

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WOW..............
It's now Velodrome GOLD Queen Pendleton for King:):):)

"Doing a Pendleton" will now join the meaningful expressions in this household's dictionary!

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
Hi Mollysmum. I'm sure no one has taken any offence. But thanks for posting.

The games are so exciting. My wife and I are enjoying sports we haven't watched before.

BTW, the Post Office here is printing special stamps with Team GB Gold medal winners on them. I hope to buy a set. Is anything similar happening in N. America for N. American medal winners?

They are also painting post boxes gold in the home towns of the gold winners, what a wonderful idea :)

Sitting here flicking between channels, want to watch Murray in the tennis. It don't want to miss the heptathlon. I know I can record it but it's not the same as watching it as it happens :)

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

Most reactions

Latest posts