What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The logic behind black&white vs. color icons in sharing menu

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just wondering... is there any logic behind which icons are black & white and which are in color, on the files' sharing/actions menu? For instance, opening that menu from a photo shows Mail, Message, Twitter, Facebook, Assign to Contact icons in color; whereas Print, Copy, and Use As Wallpaper are in black & white.
I think, but I'm not sure anymore, in iOS5 they were all in color. :)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like the color ones are going to open another app, while the B/W ones are to control features of iOS. Can't remember whether they were once in color or not.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Before iOS 6 it was a list of apps (limited to 10) and Open In and iOS features were in separate lists/menus.

Now you find it all combined. Most iOS features are gray and always show up in the fist page. Open In apps use whatever icon belongs to the app. If there are more than nine options you can scroll/swipe to another page

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Looks like the color ones are going to open another app, while the B/W ones are to control features of iOS. Can't remember whether they were once in color or not.

I really thought I was going to say something different than you did, but didn't. :eek:

Most reactions

Latest posts