What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Limera1n Thread - Please keep all Limera1n news and problems here!

99wj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im in an endless cycle of restoring for now, it installed the first time and i used cydia to install a theme, well it took like an hour and never finished so i restarted and cydia kept crashing so i restored, and now it just keeps restoring then thinking it needs to restore again. be very careful about what you install from cydia!!!! at least install "Ifile" first so you can go back and fix something that might have got messed up. NOT EVERYTHING IN CYDIA IS FOR IPAD! be careful

yazito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Battery Drain!

Hello,

I am new here!!
I have Jailbroken my iPad successfully with Limera1n yesterday and things went smooth. However, I am noticing a substantial battery drain after the JB, particularly while reading PDF magazines; ~ 1-2% per 10 mins.

Anybody else noticing this?

Thanx all for the great info on this forum.

Cheers,

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently have 3.2.1 on my iPad and it's jailbroke. My question is, if I install 3.2.2, will that remove jail break?

Is it worth installing 3.2.2, or should I just wait until November, when 4.2 for the iPad is released?

bulletbilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently have 3.2.1 on my iPad and it's jailbroke. My question is, if I install 3.2.2, will that remove jail break?

Is it worth installing 3.2.2, or should I just wait until November, when 4.2 for the iPad is released?

Any time you restore your iPad thru iTunes it erases all effects of jailbreak. Unless you have an itch to try different jailbreaking programs/methods there really isn't a reason to upgrade just to rejailbreak unless they add some amazing new features to the OS. The only difference between 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 is that Apple patched the exploit used by jailbreakme.com to jailbreak. If you stay on 3.2.1 make sure you install the PDF exploit patch thru Cydia. Just search for PDF in Cydia and find the package written by Saurik.

Last edited:

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had 3.2.1 and lime rained it. Can I just upgrade in iTunes to 3.2.2 now?

bulletbilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you upgrade or restore thru iTunes you will have to rejailbreak. Read my post at the end of the last page it should help you out.

drbf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I am new here!!
I have Jailbroken my iPad successfully with Limera1n yesterday and things went smooth. However, I am noticing a substantial battery drain after the JB, particularly while reading PDF magazines; ~ 1-2% per 10 mins.

Cheers,

I have not noticed any increase in battery drain

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello,

I am new here!!

Cheers,

I have not noticed any increase in battery drain

None here.

Most reactions

Latest posts