What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Limera1n Thread - Please keep all Limera1n news and problems here!

sqapg5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, to all of you still having trouble jailbreaking, i might have one more thing for you to try,

i got mine working after i check the preferences in itunes, in devices, prevent itunes from syncing with iphone, ipod, etc...

i have tried before with 4 different computers and windows xp/vista/7, i figured the problem is itunes keep interrupting the DFU, it always pop up saying ipad in recovery, so once it stop doing that, i got it working

it might be different case with you guys, i just want to share my experiences,
best of luck

That can be a major issue. I hate it when it automatically syncs. Cut it off in preferences to sync manually. Itunes will try to sync while u jailbraking if u dont cut it off.

I have tried to check what you mentioned... sync automatically..... so it says sync manually... but each time my phone goes into recovery... the pop up appears again. i am on windows 7... latest itunes... i have been trying for the past 8 hours.. all sorts of methods and nothing works... feel like slamming the windows laptop!!!!!!!!!!

Kenney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i got mine working after i check the preferences in itunes, in devices, prevent itunes from syncing with iphone, ipod, etc...
Hm, you might be on to something. But if I check that it just doesn't sync the iPad, it does connect it to iTunes and gives the error message about recovery mode and thus it's still not working.

How did you get the iPad to not connect to iTunes at all?

sqapg5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Frustrated

Hm, you might be on to something. But if I check that it just doesn't sync the iPad, it does connect it to iTunes and gives the error message about recovery mode and thus it's still not working.

How did you get the iPad to not connect to iTunes at all?

what i wanted to say in my previous post is what you have just mentioned.. i still face the recovery mode message..

Fizzler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem with Itunes wanting to go into recovery mode. This morning I killed all the Itunes services which prevented Itunes from starting but the JB still did not take. Of course some of those services might have been needed for the JB to work in the first place.

For those who have been successful did recovering on Itunes popup for you? for the life of me I can not remember if it did for me....

sqapg5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
forgotten to mention, my ipad was bought last friday.... 3.2.2 loaded,,,,

fenderprowler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.freeipadjailbreak.org
57 Days Waiting and Now my iPad 3.2.2 is Jailbroken :)

Hello Guys,

Today Sunday, I'm really happy. My iPad 3.2.2 is jailbroken with the new tool: Limera1n limera1n

Here's a screenshot of Cydia on my iPad:
IMG_0057.PNG

Have a Nice Day!!! :)

Kenney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just tried it after terminating the iTunesHelper.exe process, which opens iTunes when you plug-in an Apple device. It doesn't open iTunes during the jailbreaking process and thus no error about the recovery mode but...

Still no luck, no limera1n icon/jailbreak on iPad.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cydia.jpg

"...a lot of the things you find in Cydia do mostly work."

That just gives me warm fuzzies all over and makes me want to rush right out and jailbreak my iPad!

djricekcn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just tried it after terminating the iTunesHelper.exe process, which opens iTunes when you plug-in an Apple device. It doesn't open iTunes during the jailbreaking process and thus no error about the recovery mode but...

Still no luck, no limera1n icon/jailbreak on iPad.

having you tried wiping out every data (music, pictures, apps, etc - factory setting) on your ipad? I can't guarantee that it'll work but it worked for a person I know so there's at least one person that worked by formatting to factory

Kenney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
having you tried wiping out every data (music, pictures, apps, etc - factory setting) on your ipad? I can't guarantee that it'll work but it worked for a person I know so there's at least one person that worked by formatting to factory
Ofcourse, we tried full wipes, partial wipes etc. Nothing wrong there.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While I have had no problems with jb'ing 3.2.2 it seems it is causing a lot of grief.

I really don't understand why limera1n is so minimal in letting us know what it is doing. It would be nice for some sort of debug mode so we can SEE what it did and how it went. That would at least show us where it is failing.

For me the big difference is that it MUST end up with the limera1n logo when it finishes. If it is still stuck in recovery mode it seems it didn't work.

Michael

Fizzler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have successfully Jailbroke my last iPad. The one thing I did not do was reinstall Itunes. I updated existing loads and reinstalled others but no fresh load.

So I created a new partition on my XP Machine and dual booted Win7. I wanted a new OS with a brand new Itunes load. I installed Itunes 10.1 and associated it with the iPad. I ran limera1n in admin with Itunes running. Itunes did not prompt for Recovery this time and I was able to Jailbreak.

I am not sure what fixed it the only new thing I did was run from a completely fresh Itunes and OS. Why I had no problems with my 3 other iPads and only this one I have no idea. I bought this iPad just last week but I doubt that had anything to do with it.

If anything good came out of this it was discovering this forum.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have successfully Jailbroke my last iPad. The one thing I did not do was reinstall Itunes. I updated existing loads and reinstalled others but no fresh load.

So I created a new partition on my XP Machine and dual booted Win7. I wanted a new OS with a brand new Itunes load. I installed Itunes 10.1 and associated it with the iPad. I ran limera1n in admin with Itunes running. Itunes did not prompt for Recovery this time and I was able to Jailbreak.

I am not sure what fixed it the only new thing I did was run from a completely fresh Itunes and OS. Why I had no problems with my 3 other iPads and only this one I have no idea. I bought this iPad just last week but I doubt that had anything to do with it.

If anything good came out of this it was discovering this forum.

Glad to hear u got that last ipad jailbroke last night. I remember reading ur posts since u said u have 4. Yeah, this forum is veryyy informative. I found another one that has stuff this site wont allow allow liked cracked apps n stuff but i dont care..lol. Im still here on this forum. I love the setup, the look, n members. Plus always has latest news.
Its crazy because i never heard of this Limera1n jailbrake until early yesterday or something. I just happened to go online here and saw a post of someone saying it was just releases before the shatter. That was what i was waiting for. Then i saw another post saying shatter posrponed or somethin. Im like oh $&@?...let me try this Limera1n....simple as hell. The first time i even prematurely let go of home button, nervous..lol, n it just told me to try agsin. Without restarting it over and it worked. Then had some b.s. Occur downloading apps n gave me death screen. No biggie, Restored, jailbroke, Im good to go. No issues since 2nd jailbrake. I wont lie, i do get leary anytime the springboard has to respring. If it dont boot right up, ill know somethin is up.

Most reactions

Latest posts