What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Limera1n Thread - Please keep all Limera1n news and problems here!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been merging threads in to the large Limera1n thread...and somehow this one took the lead.....but all the info is still in there...sorry.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, this thread is gaining major traction. Sad to hear some folks cant get the jailbrake working. I jailbroke my 3.2.2 twice. It was very easy. Might just be acting funny with somepeoples ipads. Im rolling now, i got backgrounder, winterboard, tron theme, droid ui sounds, mxtube downloader, adownloader, bt mouse stack, activator, dtunes, and sb settings. No issues so far. ;-). Good luck people. Hope u grt the jailbrake sooner thn later. Cuz this was justmas simple as the jailbreakme.com one. Extra step or two. I already have limera1n saved on desktop and on my ipad. Its on my ipad just in case someone might want to try. And i ill have to do is email it or whatever.
I wouldnt even try the ios 4 beta releases with this one yet. I know it wrks flawlessy for me on 3.2.2. Nothin special or extra was needed to grt it to wrk. I didnt even back up b4 hand, so u know i was bold in trying it out. I have a backup/restore from 9/06 but didnt make a new one yesterday.
My ipad even gave me screen of death after jailbrake first time. Worked good then went to cydia and got some apps. It thru my ipad n a fritz and i was forced to restore back to 3.2.2 on itunes. Ok, after thst was done, i just rejailbrake again with no probs. Now im jailbroken again with cydia apps running fine.
Try to follow instructions to the T and take ur time. Dont tryto rush it. The jailbrake literally took like 1-2 minutes n bam i was done.
What happened to the so called Shatter supposed to be released today? I think a main thing is holding the home and power button at same time. Make sure to release the power button exactly when it says, while still continuing to hold home button. Then when it goes to dfu mode, release the home button. Pop up screen comes n says jailbrske successful. Aloow ipad to reboot a few times then u good to go.

Fizzler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am running Windows 7 64. Downloaded all 4 versions of Limera1n.

I have 4 iPads I was able to JB 3 of them. The last one I just purchased last week it came preloaded with 3.2.2 All the others had 3.2.2 one was preloaded the others previous versions.

I am not doing anything wrong it is not on my end at least not something I can control. Hold down Power and Home is not rocket science unless of course you are a 1 armed pirate than it requires a little dexterity

Started with and without Itunes running on version 10 and 10.1 Tried on 6 computers 32 and 64 Win7 and WinXP. Tried different cables.... held up one arm and hopped on one leg while holding Power and Home.

Each time I am told Done but it does not work. There is something preventing this last iPad from JB'ing and it has me stumped. I will wait for the next update of the "beta" software.

Ellie2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lol lol @fizzler, i feel the same with my ONE ipad i am trying to JB, its not hard to follow what the screen says, it just does not work with some of the ipads, it seems. i am waiting for next beta release also, or final i dk

edit, i just jailbroke my iphone 3gs with limera1n, so i am so sure i can be that i am doin this sh*t right. i dont need to be jailbroken on my iphone, but wanted to make sure i did it correct(i didnt really have doubts about it but oh well) i have been using jailbreaks before without problems, so i am sure i know what im doin

Last edited:

dougd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah it sucks when you only have one ipad and you cant get it to work. The instructions are easy enough, i have hacking stuff for years. Apperently there is something different between some ipads. Mine came with 3.2.2 from the store. Not sure if it has anything to do with that or not.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is uninstalwling jailbrake as simple as going to Limera1n icon on ipad and pressing uninstall? No need to hook back up to pc? Should just kick me back to my 3.2.2 nonjailbroke state, right?

rogatsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I have 4 iPads I was able to JB 3 of them. The last one I just purchased last week it came preloaded with 3.2.2 All the others had 3.2.2 one was preloaded the others previous versions.

I am not doing anything wrong it is not on my end at least not something I can control. Hold down Power and Home is not rocket science unless of course you are a 1 armed pirate than it requires a little dexterity

Started with and without Itunes running on version 10 and 10.1 Tried on 6 computers 32 and 64 Win7 and WinXP. Tried different cables.... held up one arm and hopped on one leg while holding Power and Home.

Each time I am told Done but it does not work. There is something preventing this last iPad from JB'ing and it has me stumped. I will wait for the next update of the "beta" software.

These types of "difficulties" used to be the norm for jailbreak software until the newer one-click jailbreaks came out. It would always be like this, with numerous people reporting that it doesn't work. The key is the timing in the DFU mode.

Just wait for some detailed videos, or wait until Geohot releases a simpler one-click tool.

Macmee

iPF Noob
Reaction score

These types of "difficulties" used to be the norm for jailbreak software until the newer one-click jailbreaks came out. It would always be like this, with numerous people reporting that it doesn't work. The key is the timing in the DFU mode.

Just wait for some detailed videos, or wait until Geohot releases a simpler one-click tool.

But when I say. WHEN?

Fizzler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not sure why folks insist the problem is not the exploit itself. If it was perfect there would not be 4 releases. I have used it with success 3 times. For some reason this last iPad which I just bought last week is not able to JB. It really is a very simple process almost as simple as a one-click tool. I am not a novice to jailbreaking or modding devices. I have Androids, Itouch, X-box 360 hardware mods, Wii and even hacked my car. Perhaps it is a timing issue and if so it should not be so random and when the Greenpoison version comes out maybe it will simply the process. But I think to quickly dismiss an issue many folks have reported because it worked for most is not productive. There may or may not be an issue we should compare notes in detail to see if there is a pattern.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is uninstalwling jailbrake as simple as going to Limera1n icon on ipad and pressing uninstall? No need to hook back up to pc? Should just kick me back to my 3.2.2 nonjailbroke state, right?

If you read the limera1n uninstall button it specifically says this will not remove jailbreak it will only remove the limera1n app/icon

Portg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, to all of you still having trouble jailbreaking, i might have one more thing for you to try,

i got mine working after i check the preferences in itunes, in devices, prevent itunes from syncing with iphone, ipod, etc...

i have tried before with 4 different computers and windows xp/vista/7, i figured the problem is itunes keep interrupting the DFU, it always pop up saying ipad in recovery, so once it stop doing that, i got it working

it might be different case with you guys, i just want to share my experiences,
best of luck

Last edited:

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, to all of you still having trouble jailbreaking, i might have one more thing for you to try,

i got mine working after i check the preferences in itunes, in devices, prevent itunes from syncing with iphone, ipod, etc...

i have tried before with 4 different computers and windows xp/vista/7, i figured the problem is itunes keep interrupting the DFU, it always pop up saying ipad in recovery, so once it stop doing that, i got it working

it might be different case with you guys, i just want to share my experiences,
best of luck

That can be a major issue. I hate it when it automatically syncs. Cut it off in preferences to sync manually. Itunes will try to sync while u jailbraking if u dont cut it off.

bulletbilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After trying and trying non stop since limera1n dropped with absolutely no success I have caved in and updated to iOS 4.2 beta2... It is definitely a huge step over 3.2.x and I have only found a few bugs... Mostly pertaining to iPad apps not updated for iOS4... I will wait until GreenPoison to rejailbreak or someone figures out a solution to this problem that only seems to happen to a few iPads...

Most reactions