What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The iPads Best Unintended Feature

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The best unintended feature of the iPad is its' ability to collect finger prints! With a 9.7" screen none of the upcoming 7" tablets will be able to dethrone it in that arena!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When the iPad first came out I used to worry about cleaning the screen several times a day. Now I never think about it. Guess it's only a problem in strong sunlight.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's become a reflex now to clean the screen when I pick up the iPad for the first time in the day. When the screen is off the black color is perfect to show off the location of smudges. I have one of those small rags meant for glasses tucked up in the iPad case, always at hand.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's become a reflex now to clean the screen when I pick up the iPad for the first time in the day. When the screen is off the black color is perfect to show off the location of smudges. I have one of those small rags meant for glasses tucked up in the iPad case, always at hand.

See? This is why I love you. I do the exact same thing. Even the little blue cloth stuck inside.
:D

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also keep a microfiber cloth handy to keep the screen clean, but a good matte screen protector makes a world of difference. My Ipod Touch has a good quality clear screen protector on it. I find myself wiping the screen several times a day. On my Ipad, I went with a matte screen protector and I only wipe the screen every few days. I play a lot of Civ Revolution on the Ipad, so there is plenty of finger action on the screen but the matte protector just doesn't show the finger oils the way an unprotected or clear protected screen does.

Last edited:
OP
Sonny Burnett

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am just waiting for an episode of CSI where they will use an iPad based questioner on a suspect to get his finger prints. The old days of a can of coke or a glass of water should be over soon.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am just waiting for an episode of CSI where they will use an iPad based questioner on a suspect to get his finger prints. The old days of a can of coke or a glass of water should be over soon.

lol what a funny idea!

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Like they leave the iPad in the interview room and the perf uses it to check his email while the cops are out of the room.

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Meh.. They'll never check their mail... Now Angry Birds.. No one can resist Angry Birds ;)

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too clean the screen once a day with the microfiber cloth. I wake up, shower, make coffee, sit in the leather chair, clean screen, check out the forums/facebook/flipboard..then work

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep I also keep a microfiber cloth handy because I can't stand looking at the prints ALL OVER the screen on Ipad or Iphone lol

Arthur Hucksake

iPF Noob
Reaction score

They pulled a print off a smashed iPad in CSI New York the other week to catch someone. lol

gsr1379

iPF Noob
Reaction score
another Unintended Feature. It could make a nice cutting board in a pinch :)

no please don't do that

Aneteri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The best unintended feature of the iPad is its' ability to collect finger prints! With a 9.7" screen none of the upcoming 7" tablets will be able to dethrone it in that arena!

I hope I'm not misinterpeting what you're saying but, Apple is not going to sell seven inch tablets. They developed them at the same time as they developed the 'ten' inch screens. Fortunately, the smaller screen also had a smaller keyboard in portrait mode, which made the idea awfully stupid.

So bam, we have 'ten' inch ipads.

-coughs-

Most reactions

Latest posts