What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The haters....my 2¢

LMControl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After watching more of the videos, I’m even more encouraged and excited about this device.

After a night of reflection and seeing more reactions to it I am convinced most people, especially the naysayers, don’t understand what this thing is and what it was meant to be. I think most people were thinking it would be a MacBook or MacBookPro in tablet form. It’s not, nor is it supposed to be.

It’s an Internet connected, multi-media device that is focused on entertainment in multiple formats. Those who want Flash and multitasking etc… already have this in other avenues, such as the MacBook Air, Macbooks, etc… These petty complaints betray the motivations of those who seek to find only the bad in Apple’s new toy.

It’s also plainly apparent that there was a lot of built up hype over this thing that nothing Apple could have put out yesterday would have satisfied the masses. I really believe Apple needs to tighten up the leaks or stop having these events. They are creating unobtainable expectations which quickly turns into animosity when those who think they know better don’t get what they want.

Seriously…. how many companies in America, let alone the world, take such grief over innovating and bringing new product to the marketplace? Step back from this and realize this is not life and death… just a piece of electronics. Simply amazing….

In the end, I’m convinced this will be a tremendous success, despite all those who want so much to see it and Apple fail.

Amy S.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are exactly right. It will give me a better way to read e-books, w/o buying a Kindle and I can see a complete newspaper page.

It isn't a computer and I will still need to sync it. So what? I have 2 Mac computers.

You can't watch Hulu. Well, I don't watch Hulu anyway. I watch TV.com as an app, so I don't need Hulu. And I watch YouTube as an app, so I don't need much else, in the way of video.

I think the haters aren't true Mac users and are just using the phones or ipods, but not the computers.

Skywaffle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was excited about this device, and thought that Apple could really deliver something that would reinvent the whole tablet device genre.

However, after seeing everything, I still believe it is somewhat of a let down (This is coming from a life long Apple fanatic). Or maybe just not quite matured enough for this generation of iPad. Of course most of these complaints may be invalid. Until people get to play with the finished product, you never really know, after all, what we saw was just a brief demonstration of some of its capabilities.

unnecessary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ericdejuan.net
People are always going to complain. If it would have been an Actual APPLE Table like this picture describes

Wo27t.jpg

Then people would have been bitching about how its $1699.

People saying stuff like, " my computer can do this but that thing cant". Well then use your computer then.

Everything does the same thing, this just does it easier and better.

Like i said

"if is small, its not big enough; if its big, its not small enough"

SevenOfNine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are exactly right. It will give me a better way to read e-books, w/o buying a Kindle and I can see a complete newspaper page.

It isn't a computer and I will still need to sync it. So what? I have 2 Mac computers.

You can't watch Hulu. Well, I don't watch Hulu anyway. I watch TV.com as an app, so I don't need Hulu. And I watch YouTube as an app, so I don't need much else, in the way of video.

I think the haters aren't true Mac users and are just using the phones or ipods, but not the computers.

Why dont you just buy a newspaper then? its somewhat 80 ct!
this device costs at least 499, even MORE when you want serious busines!!

That is way to much just to see a newspaper fullscreen and read some ebooks!

but well, every device fits some needs, unfortunately not mine, but gladly yours. I hope it will turn out good for you!

SevenOfNine

unnecessary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ericdejuan.net

Why dont you just buy a newspaper then? its somewhat 80 ct!
this device costs at least 499, even MORE when you want serious busines!!

That is way to much just to see a newspaper fullscreen and read some ebooks!

but well, every device fits some needs, unfortunately not mine, but gladly yours. I hope it will turn out good for you!

SevenOfNine

Words of a true hater right there.

There are always alternates to doing things.

Phoxus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
$500 + $130 + $15/mo or $30/mo + tax

For a non HD, non widescreen format, no usb port, and all the other major bullcraps.

Here's the biggest Lame part.

After you pay $700 after taxes and then start your monthly payment

You could of had an Ipod Touch & a Netbook that dual booted Android OS / Windows XP

P.S. All the books you buy, are stuck with DRM. And if you had Amazon books, you can't transfer them over. in fact you only have iBooks.

I'd like to see iTap version 6.

Last edited:

terry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why are we haters? Because were vocal about being let down. I would venture that the ones not disappointed with this offering are the minority.

nikki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I totally agree, I honestly think people have got the wrong idea of what this device is suppose to be. It wasn't designed to be a computer, if that were the case, then I'm sure it would have been a computer. However, it is what it is, an Ipad, like a notepad for those of us that can use something like this. Maybe next year, Apple will feel the need to introduce to the table another computer like device for the ones out there that was expecting another computer. So just hold on and be patient with Mac, we all know that the electronic industry never sleeps, there is always something new before the new devices we have even gets old. :p

nikki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just want to know when can we start buying them? And what would be the difference in the wifi/3G and just wifi. Although, the prices are nice, I still don't want pay for something that I won't be using, does anyone know the answer to either quest by chance?:)

terry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Patient? Are you kidding. There are products out or coming out that are cheaper and have a ton more features.
I think this looks promising.
Notion Ink Adam hands-on - SlashGear
HDMI, Multitasking, usb, replaceable battery, wifi, eg, and a few other trinkets. Depending on price this seems like the way to go. It's what everyone wanted the ipad to be.

roracle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think most people were thinking it would be a MacBook or MacBookPro in tablet form. It’s not, nor is it supposed to be.

Nope, it sure isn't a MacBook.

It’s an Internet connected, multi-media device that is focused on entertainment in multiple formats. Those who want Flash and multitasking etc… already have this in other avenues, such as the MacBook Air, Macbooks, etc… These petty complaints betray the motivations of those who seek to find only the bad in Apple’s new toy.

How hard is flash to do? I mean, who in their right mind would say "here's a computer to surf the net, but it can't do flash." Which, btw, is what most of the awesome part of the web is. That and content.

It’s also plainly apparent that there was a lot of built up hype over this thing that nothing Apple could have put out yesterday would have satisfied the masses. I really believe Apple needs to tighten up the leaks or stop having these events. They are creating unobtainable expectations which quickly turns into animosity when those who think they know better don’t get what they want.

Too many people in the world to keep anything a secret, and yeah, people complain too much, especially about people complaining. Oh look I just did it...see? Point proven.

Seriously…. how many companies in America, let alone the world, take such grief over innovating and bringing new product to the marketplace? Step back from this and realize this is not life and death… just a piece of electronics. Simply amazing….

Totally agreed. It's a beautiful piece of engineering marvels wrapped up in an ecofriendly hippie package. It's my kind of system. However, as an engineer myself, I would never run such a crummy OS on such a powerful device. They need to get their game together on this one, it will make or break them.

In the end, I’m convinced this will be a tremendous success, despite all those who want so much to see it and Apple fail.

The only reason they chose this type of experience is because it was popular with the iPhone. The silly part is, even though the platform makes tons of money for many many people, it cannot multitask which really removes the entire experience of "always connected" when you have to close an app just to open another. Always connected doesn't just mean catching a signal and holding it. People don't want quick messages or to get on facebook real quick, they want to chat with their families on the go (video is what my family does, and the iPad doesn't), instant message, cooperate on projects without having to bring their entire life with them (it would be a shame if that expensive MacBook Pro just slipped out, dropped, and broke with all your stuff on it, lost forever). The iPad takes care of the bad part mobile computing, but lacks in so many other fields.

Apple seems to care more about their dealings with other companies than their own customers at this point.

I do not hate, I only see. That's what eyes are for...and guess who doesn't have an eye? The iPad. (yes I'm put off because of it's lack of a camera)

However, they will probably release a second gen iPad with a camera (or may wait till the third gen if they think they can get away with suspense like this again...if they don't have it in the third gen, that's when people lose their faith and start tapping their foot while staring them down).

When they do finally release a camera version, everyone will ask why they just didn't have a camera to begin with, and the answer is because it sells more devices because "now that it comes with a camera I can upgrade to what I wanted!" *pats macnatics on the head like puppy dogs*

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't wait to see what the actual build cost is for the iPad. I would guess mid-$200's.

The iPad will be worth it once the price comes down a little.

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@roracle

I was very disappointed when I found out the iPad will not be released with a front facing camera. I can see how having iChat on the tablet would be just a killer feature.

However, when I think about it.. I have a webcam on my iMac and MacBook Pro that I rarely use.

So a cool feature for sure, but not really required for what I intend to use the tablet for.

Most reactions

Latest posts