What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Daily

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What is everyones take on this new paper. Personally I'm not impressed and will dump it when my free period is up.

judicarmona

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a news geek and have actually enjoyed it in addition to my subscription to the Los Angeles Times. I am dismayed, however, with the frequency with which it shuts down and I have to do a new re-boot and find where I was last reading. It's a nuisance. If the problem persists, I won't buy a subscription.

TheeIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
make sure you delete the original App, then download the updated version in the App store. I had it crashing on me also, but the update has solved the problem.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not impressed at all it's clunky does not redraw properly slow down load compared to 6 other news apps and I have high speed cable with netgear n router. It is also suppose to be Australian content which it is not. I love the Australian courier mail app fast and easy to read includes movies.

TXCheng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I prefer Flipbook which is free and better interface with a wide selection of media choices. I already deleted The Daily app,

jcbeam19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I REALLY wanted to like this App and waited so impatiently for it; I am so disappointed at how buggy it is :( Alas, my free trial period ends tomorrow I believe and I won't be subscribing either.

naman919

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I prefer Flipbook which is free and better interface with a wide selection of media choices. I already deleted The Daily app,

apples and oranges. Flibboard, which is what i think you meant, is just a content aggregator. You have to design the feeds yourself.

The Daily is original content. The Daily is a legit, fully staffed news reporting team.

To directly compare them isn't really fair. Just wanted to make sure other people visiting this thread know there is a difference.

The Daily is more akin to a USA Today, WSJ, NYTimes and Flibboard is a variant of Pulse or Flud, which are visually appealing RSS readers.

Just stating facts, but i do stand by my opinion that while The Daily's content is intriguing, the interface is just not smooth enough or that captivating to warrant the cost.

kramrengaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really wanted to like The Daily. Compared to the other news apps that I use regularly, Wash Post, AP, USA Today, I don't think it measures up. I will not be subscribing once my free period is over. The only thing positive I can say is it's not anywhere near as bad as PopSci+....that has the most ridiculous, user vicious interface I have ever seen.

Most reactions

Latest posts