What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm confused. I have Sky but find the amount I pay each month is too much. What do you guys in UK have? Is Netflix a good option? Are they even the same service. Just call me confused. So much to research.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
I'm confused. I have Sky but find the amount I pay each month is too much. What do you guys in UK have? Is Netflix a good option? Are they even the same service. Just call me confused. So much to research.

What is sky? Netflix lets you get dvd's in the mail or stream on phone, laptop, ipad, game systems some blu ray players/tvs

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sky is a digital tv service through a satellite dish and phone line. Netflix has come to UK but I need to know whether they have all the current UK tv program's as well as US tv.

Sent from my fantastically, wonderful iPhone using iPF

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Sky is a digital tv service through a satellite dish and phone line. Netflix has come to UK but I need to know whether they have all the current UK tv program's as well as US tv.

Probably not, they run a season behind on most series here.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Hayles66 said:

Easiest way to find out if it's for you is to try it. You pay month by month, auto debit from a credit card. No contract. If you don't like it, say adios.

AA

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
Easiest way to find out if it's for you is to try it. You pay month by month, auto debit from a credit card. No contract. If you don't like it, say adios.

AA

Netflix is currently being promoted here in the UK, I think with a free trial period.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Oh! That makes it easier then.

Why not go for something like BT Vision, loads of films on demand and a fraction of the price of Sky?

The Archangel

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
David79 said:
I have seen a few of them, was good.

Just loved the first series
My daughter was given the second series as a gift for valentines day.
Hope she watches it soon so we can too.

Ruthie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:

Yes Sky is expensive, but you get so much from it. I get my broadband, free evening and weekend calls. Movies to watch anytime. Also with Sky go, I can watch sky movies and other channels on my iPad anywhere, anytime I like.

Also I phoned sky and told them I was leaving because I couldn't afford it anymore and they cut the monthly fee for six months! So try giving them a call.

sanada

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
Ah, so is life a chore? :D

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Lol! She tries to think that it's not a chore.

She's been ignoring me lately:(.

Superteds34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
I'm in Canada and have the BBC iPlayer installed on the iPad2. $8.99 per month.

AA

I have bbc iplayer installed in france and it works fine! You need to ensure its the international version.

Most reactions

Latest posts