What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Goose fat used to roast potatoes however is excellent!

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

In that case it should be fine with chocolate......and provide a protective coating to my arteries?

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dipstick! . Eating a couple of choc digestive biscuits now with a cup of tea.

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Arrived home last Saturday. Spend a lot of time with mom. Very sad to see such a strong woman turning in someone depending on others for almost everything. We all know that these times arrive for us all, but when it is time to say goodbye it still feels like......

Sent from my iPad using iPF

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Arrived home last Saturday. Spend a lot of time with mom. Very sad to see such a strong woman turning in someone depending on others for almost everything. We all know that these times arrive for us all, but when it is time to say goodbye it still feels like......

I'm so sorry to hear that.

I actually spent the weekend with my girlfriend's family to memorialize her grandma's death. I ended up being the one to actually dig the hole to bury her ashes. It was surreal.

Just remember that you're loved by your friends and go to them before your need of them is dire.

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We will place the ashes under one of her favorite trees at our summer house. She just asked to have them spread. She worries that the dog diggs her up.  at least she still has her sense of humor.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Aww! That is so sweet. My granny had a sense of humour like that and my mum wants me to shoot her if she gets to the point where she is unable to care for herself. I'm sure she's joking! I hope! Hang in there JJK, we are all thinking of you at this sad time.

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We will place the ashes under one of her favorite trees at our summer house. She just asked to have them spread. She worries that the dog diggs her up.  at least she still has her sense of humor.

That's exactly what we did with ours.

Loraco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We spread my moms ashes at mammoth lake it started to snow when we did Dads will also be there we just haven't had a chance for all of us to go!

Sent from my iPad to here!

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Goose fat used to roast potatoes however is excellent!

My wife uses that recipe. She says it's a Nigella Lawson thing.

Sent from my beloved iPad 2 using iPF...... All For One And One For All.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
JJK said:

A sense of humour is so important, and more so at times like these. Yes, it is a blow to see a parent deteriorate. I can speak from experience.
I hope your mum enjoyed a full life, and that the family have the strength to support one another.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks and yes we are supporting each other all the way. Doctor came today and it looks like a few more days. Time to spend as much together as possible.

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JJK said:
Thanks and yes we are supporting each other all the way. Doctor came today and it looks like a few more days. Time to spend as much together as possible.

Sending much strength, light, and peace to you and yours across the pond, JJK.

Loraco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JJK said:

I feel your pain I really do that is the hardest thing to go threw!

Loraco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good news heard last night my father inlaws bone cancer is in the first stage and is treatable!

Most reactions

Latest posts