What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I really need to tell this to everyone. I am leaving the forum because I am not contributing, and I have no use for the forum anymore. It was fun being in the forum. Thanks guys.

I'm saddened to hear this Seraphim!

I've always enjoyed reading your posts and do hope you may reconsider!

And you never know.......IOS 8 will be along before you know it and you just may want to pop in to see what all the buzz is about! ;)

So to that end I'll say, take care out there and we'll see you next time!! ;)

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm saddened to hear this Seraphim!

I've always enjoyed reading your posts and do hope you may reconsider!

And you never know.......IOS 8 will be along before you know it and you just may want to pop in to see what all the buzz is about! ;)

So to that end I'll say, take care out there and we'll see you next time!! ;)

Dunno. I think my mind is set. I may get back to see the fuss about iOS 8 or some questions or problems, but I guess after? I won't come back. I guess I just feel useless in the forum.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dunno. I think my mind is set. I may get back to see the fuss about iOS 8 or some questions or problems, but I guess after? I won't come back. I guess I just feel useless in the forum.

Well you aren't useless here, I for one have always enjoyed reading your posts on our news items etc.....it's always good to hear how other folk feel about lots of topics.

So take your time and just see how you go....a rest is as good as a holiday!! ;)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're certainly not useless, in fact, you've contributed far more to the forum than most members. More people than you know would miss your contributions if you left.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Asking questions is every bit as important as answering them. And many answers are simply a matter taste or experience. The more people available for those questions the better.

Even if you don't feel you have much to contribute or gain at the moment, you can simply cut back and browse on occasion. That way you keep the doors open for the unexpected new trick or the possibility that you do, indeed, have something to say on the subject.

Every forum area has an RSS feed. This is a good way to keep an eye on new posts without having to check every forum area manually. Probably the easiest way to set up and read RSS Feeds is Feedly; an online RSS reader similar to what Google Reader used to be.

Either way, stay or go or lurk, best of luck, and take care of yourself.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is where you find the link for the RSS feed on each forum area.

RssFeedLink.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I tried tapping on the RSS feed button illustrated in your screenshot and it opened my podcasts app, is that normal?

Normally it will open an RSS reader app, if you have one installed. I've never heard of it opening a podcast app. Though sometimes podcasts are distributed using RSS, so the app may have registered itself as an RSS reader.

You can also hold down the button to copy the link, then open your RSS Feeder to add it manually (usually a + button somewhere in the feed list.

If you are using the Feedly website, it also offers the ability to manually add RSS links.

Most modern RSS reader apps will sync with Feedly, so it is perfectly possible to start with Feedly and get a dedicated RSS app later, if you want a different reading experience and/or features.

Reeder 2 is my current favorite RSS reader. It's available on iOS and the Mac, in their respective App Stores. There are dozens of good to great RSS apps, so it's mostly a mater of taste and feature sets. Reeder 2 is an excellent RSS reader with a solid set of features. I mostly like it's interface, easy to use good looking. Experts may feel the need for more flexibility and power.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Normally it will open an RSS reader app, if you have one installed. I've never heard of it opening a podcast app. Though sometimes podcasts are distributed using RSS, so the app may have registered itself as an RSS reader.

You can also hold down the button to copy the link, then open your RSS Feeder to add it manually (usually a + button somewhere in the feed list.

If you are using the Feedly website, it also offers the ability to manually add RSS links.

Most modern RSS reader apps will sync with Feedly, so it is perfectly possible to start with Feedly and get a dedicated RSS app later, if you want a different reading experience and/or features.

Reeder 2 is my current favorite RSS reader. It's available on iOS and the Mac, in their respective App Stores. There are dozens of good to great RSS apps, so it's mostly a mater of taste and feature sets. Reeder 2 is a middle ground reader, reasonably simple to use with a good set of features. I mostly like it's interface, easy to use good looking. Experts may feel the need for more flexibility and power.
Thanks, twerppoet, I'll have to try that.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've set up a couple of accounts with feedy in the Reeder2 app, how do I get content to show up?

In the Reeder app, tap the back arrow at the top left until you see the Accounts column. Tap the + icon and add your Feedly account.

Your subscribed feeds should show up automatically. If you added the feeds to the app before you added your Feedly account, you may have to add them again. I'm not sure. I've never done that.

Reeder2.png

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is getting rather specific, and possibly useful in a general way. Maybe this should/could be split off into a new thread in the appropriate area; with a link from here if necessary?

Most reactions

Latest posts