What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yayyyyyyy. Wasn't she great?? WE LOVE HER. We shouted every time she got votes. We loved Molly but it just wasn't her year. Too many outstanding groups.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Haylee!!! YAY!!! HAPPYFEETDANCE !!! ZIPPITYDOODAH ZIPPITYDAY !!! I'm so HAPPY for you and everything's going your way!!! It' shard to imagine that the bus takes just a small bit less than walking! :);) CRAZY!!
That photo of that room blows my mind!! What the heck are in those box shelves? Can anybody tell me? I'd love to know! But above all else, congrats Haylee!! I couldn't be happier! My cheeks are starting to hurt from smiling so much! I just KNEW you'd get that job!,, :);). :);). :). :) ;). HAPPYHAPPYHAPPY,

Last edited:

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Leelai, is that a new cat you have for your avatar or have I just not been paying close enough attention? Either way I LOVE IT - looks like it coming right off the page into my space!! Wonderful!! :);). :);)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Leelai, I started on Wednesday and yesterday Friday went for drinks with my new colleagues, a good friendly lot and a great supervisor, something I wanted. Lots of training ahead, but once there it will be plain sailing :) Yes the cars were dotted around the planes and sometimes it was hard to see the cars because the aeroplanes are so huge, and combined with the bad lighting, the dark cars were well hidden :)

That's so good to hear!! Colleagues and Supervisors can make or break a job so it's wonderful to hear they're a nice lot you can work with! Sounds like it's going to be an enjoyable one and not too far away either! Kudos to you!!

Leelai, is that a new cat you have for your avatar or have I just not been paying close enough attention? Either way I LOVE IT - looks like it coming right off the page into my space!! Wonderful!! :);). :);)

Thank you Diane! I'm in love with this one....he's just so masculine and gorgeous!

He's not new but when I did have him up last time, which wasn't that long ago, it was only for a couple of days.....so I've been wanting him back!

And the time is right now! ;)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To all you wonderful Mothers out there....I hope you have a really lovely Mothers Day and get spoilt by your kids!!

image-2324644310.jpg

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's so good to hear!! Colleagues and Supervisors can make or break a job so it's wonderful to hear they're a nice lot you can work with! Sounds like it's going to be an enjoyable one and not too far away either! Kudos to you!!

Thank you Diane! I'm in love with this one....he's just so masculine and gorgeous!

He's not new but when I did have him up last time, which wasn't that long ago, it was only for a couple of days.....so I've been wanting him back!

And the time is right now! ;)

Thank you, it's true about having good supervisors, in my last job I have seen perfectly good people getting harassed and exploited by bad supervisors, these supervisors knew the line, touched it but never crossed it, so the good worker got stressed but could not complain. I was dreading not ending up with a bad boss

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you, it's true about having good supervisors, in my last job I have seen perfectly good people getting harassed and exploited by bad supervisors, these supervisors knew the line, touched it but never crossed it, so the good worker got stressed but could not complain. I was dreading not ending up with a bad boss

Those types are really the worse.....they know what they're doing is wrong but are so very careful not to cross that line....just rotten people all round too. Then some supervisors are just hopeless at the job.

Such a shame all round......good workers are never able to flourish and ultimately it's the business which suffers.

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've worked in some disgusting places over the years , it has to be said that industrial and retail environments hit the mark for being the worst two places to work .

I've put up with egotistical junior wannabe's , power trip maniacs and a whole host of creeps including vile management , and out of the two I've found retail tops them all .

People can have the blinkers on when it comes to their perception of how workers are treated but you can only really experience it first hand & I have seem dirty tactics , verbal abuse , constructive dismissals , psychological abuse , I could go on . If there's anything to take from exposure to this is your own refusal to accept it furthermore from future potential employers, albeit it easier said than done , although for me this history has unfortunately hardened me too much , I now find working for others exceptionally difficult , I hear stories and loads of friends moan about how they're treated , I don't miss it , in fact I hate it when people are abused as is very much the case these days , & there's a catch too , either "put up with the abuse" or " get lost " .

I chose to leave before things got worse. And with my pride intact . Morals and self respect mean a lot to me as does pride , unfortunately employers exploit employees for their own selfish gains which interestingly enough comes under psychopathic disorders !!!!!!!!!

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've worked in some disgusting places over the years , it has to be said that industrial and retail environments hit the mark for being the worst two places to work .
I worked at Walmart for 8 years. Worse company I ever had to work at!

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is common to hear that the hardest workers and those that contribute more seem always to be at loggerheads with so called senior positioned members who really haven't a clue about the ground workers , I'd worked in one trade for over 17 years and was regularly met by new blood who'd not got the faintest idea yet they held superior roles in the company ! It's quite shocking ! And despairing !

One things for sure , you learn a lot in a short time , it doesn't take long to fathom a companies staff and their idiocies ..!

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I worked at Walmart for 8 years. Worse company I ever had to work at!

I've put up with egotistical junior wannabe's , power trip maniacs and a whole host of creeps including vile management , and out of the two I've found retail tops them all .

People can have the blinkers on when it comes to their perception of how workers are treated but you can only really experience it first hand & I have seem dirty tactics , verbal abuse , constructive dismissals , psychological abuse , I could go on . If there's anything to take from exposure to this is your own refusal to accept it furthermore from future potential employers, albeit it easier said than done , although for me this history has unfortunately hardened me too much , I now find working for others exceptionally difficult , I hear stories and loads of friends moan about how they're treated , I don't miss it , in fact I hate it when people are abused as is very much the case these days , & there's a catch too , either "put up with the abuse" or " get lost " .

I chose to leave before things got worse. And with my pride intact . Morals and self respect mean a lot to me as does pride , unfortunately employers exploit employees for their own selfish gains which interestingly enough comes under psychopathic disorders !!!!!!!!!

Those types are really the worse.....they know what they're doing is wrong but are so very careful not to cross that line....just rotten people all round too. Then some supervisors are just hopeless at the job.

Such a shame all round......good workers are never able to flourish and ultimately it's the business which suffers.

in my last job i have seen a £240,000 / year doctor get shouted at by stupid management, he ordered scans on patients as a preventive measure against cancer, if the cancer is detected early then its more successfully treated so cheaper and less suffering, the management shouted at him saying that they are not cancer patients so he has no right to spend cancer budget on them. He said he is saving money and suffering in the long run, but the twit management don't get the logic. :rolleyes:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
in my last job i have seen a £240,000 / year doctor get shouted at by stupid management, he ordered scans on patients as a preventive measure against cancer, if the cancer is detected early then its more successfully treated so cheaper and less suffering, the management shouted at him saying that they are not cancer patients so he has no right to spend cancer budget on them. He said he is saving money and suffering in the long run, but the twit management don't get the logic. :rolleyes:

There really are so many horror stories out there about employers and colleagues....I worked in the public service straight out of school....on my first day of work the Manager telling me what my duties were was playing with the hem of my dress as he stood beside me, I kept moving away and he kept getting closer....I was too young and too scared to do or say anything about it at the time and just couldn't wait to get away from him....I wonder how many young girls he did that to and just how far he took it. I can't say it was the last time either and it was quite disgusting just what some would do or say to all the young girls....

We've been running our own businesses now for the last 25 years, so now we deal with the other side of the coin and I can say there's a whole culture out there that have just taken advantage of us and the system. Luckily over the years we've built up and retained some wonderful employees who we go that extra step for to help them and they do the same for us! Only last week hubby played chauffeur for our Foreman's daughter who was graduating high school and attending her prom. What a wonderful time she and her date had as did we! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts