What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oops! Sorry! Call me stupid, I wasn't thinking straight and took you literally! My colleagues do it all the time! I'm so gullible that I fall for it all the time.

Yes, that would be lovely but I'm not sure that that amount of money would make me happy. Enough to live comfortably for the rest of my life but anymore would worry me. You hear stories of kidnapping and theft where people have heard the story and try to steal it from you!

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Oops! Sorry! Call me stupid, I wasn't thinking straight and took you literally! My colleagues do it all the time! I'm so gullible that I fall for it all the time.

Yes, that would be lovely but I'm not sure that that amount of money would make me happy. Enough to live comfortably for the rest of my life but anymore would worry me. You hear stories of kidnapping and theft where people have heard the story and try to steal it from you!

You? Gullible! Surely not?

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yup! I am an innocent! I still blush, I'm naive and I still believe in people's goodness when all hope fades! Stupid, hey?

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Yup! I am an innocent! I still blush, I'm naive and I still believe in people's goodness when all hope fades! Stupid, hey?

Tch tch.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I used to run a Thunderball lottery syndicate at work with nice short odds for winning.

We won something about twice a month. :)

Would anyone like to know how it works? I don't know what the odds are - I'm no mathematician - but the mechanics of the system are delightfully simple. :D

I hope the moderators will allow me to divulge the method. It's of general interest, not designed to push gambling.

Last edited:

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
I used to run a Thunderball lottery syndicate at work with nice short odds for winning.

We won something about twice a month. :)

Would anyone like to know how it works? I don't know what the odds are - I'm no mathematician - but the mechanics of the system are delightfully simple. :D

I hope the moderators will allow me to divulge the method. It's of general interest, not designed to push gambling.

I'm interested! I just love knowing how things work. Comes from my years of fencing and fixing up weapons and gear.

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone here know when OSX Lion is coming out? I'm looking forward to the new Air. Rumors say it's on the 20th. (This means the 21st for me, darn- since it's the 20th now.)

- Sent from my Highly-Personalized jailbroken iPad 2! :D

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SingingSabre said:
I'm interested! I just love knowing how things work. Comes from my years of fencing and fixing up weapons and gear.

My method for Thunderball is as follows:-
Pick 5 main numbers. Enter the same five numbers into 14 lines, and in each line chose a different Thunderball number. There are 14 to choose from, hence 14 lines <G>
I managed to stop a team of 24 from working when I explained the system. The quantity surveyors loved it and their approval convinced the doubters. 
I note the odds of winning are now far better than when I dreamed up the idea. So, you will get a return of at least £3 each week. I suppose my method could have the promotional line of 5 weeks for the price of 4!
The odds of returns and winning are on the National Lottery website, and as below:-

Match Win Approx odds (1 in x)
5 main #'s plus Thunderball £500,000 8,060,598
5 main #'s £5,000 620,046
4 main #'s plus Thunderball £250 47,415
4 main #'s £100 3,647
3 main #'s plus Thunderball £20 1,437
3 main #'s £10 111
2 main #'s plus Thunderball £10 135
1 main #'s plus Thunderball £5 35
0 main #'s plus Thunderball £3 29

I was hoping the board would light up with interest in my Thunderball idea. It didn't, so I guess we must all be well balanced and contented with our respective lots. Which is great news <VBG>

Most reactions

Latest posts