What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
I think it's a way of taking religion out of the holiday, just like how you see so many people and governments refer to Christmas as the holiday season. The city hall where I live used to put up a sign at city hall that said Merry Christmas, now it says Happy Holidays.

That's a sad reflection on our modern society. The PC brigade do spoil things, IMHO.

In the UK, some authorities changed replace Christmas Greeting with Season's Greetings in an attempt not it offend those of other faiths. Guess what! Yes it backfired. My goodness didn't they get ridiculed by the press and public.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
Very informative exchange.
But let's steer the thread back to a neutral course.

Thank you.
AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

By Your Command.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Consider yourself told off Richard! And me!

Well, I got a green Smart Cover from hubby. It looks so cool against my white old new iPad. It's a very clever design isn't it?

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Canada Geese gathering on Wascana Lake in preparation for their flight south.

image-1230415836.jpg

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
I'd try to make your provider work for you.
The least they can do for your valued business.

Sometimes suggesting you'll go elsewhere for service can motivate them. It's a competitive space and no one likes losing customers = revenue.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Fully agree, they have given me the current net gear one when the previous live box router was having problems. However since having the apple tv I found the particular 1 antenna net gear is not the best, they gave me a cheap one and when I called them they said they only use the same type. I didn't threaten them with leaving, because when my 18 contract expires I am getting the virgin fibre optic one. Currently with orange

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel I am having severe problem with migrating iTunes on my mac from windows laptop, 1st of all the migration opened a 2nd user and I foolishly updated iTunes on it. I want to get rid of the asp.net user as I didn't start it

Attachments

• image-3510589806.jpg
    image-3510589806.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 100
  • image-31168035.jpg
    image-31168035.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 123

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good karma said:
Fully agree, they have given me the current net gear one when the previous live box router was having problems. However since having the apple tv I found the particular 1 antenna net gear is not the best, they gave me a cheap one and when I called them they said they only use the same type. I didn't threaten them with leaving, because when my 18 contract expires I am getting the virgin fibre optic one. Currently with orange

Did you get your MacBook Pro set up ok?

The Archangel

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I managed to log in to I tunes and form load my apps and music through purchases, took ages but when I connect my iPhone to the mac iTunes it down loads pictures but no apps from the phone, or any sync. The icons are shaded and unresponsive

Attachments

• image-1857908209.jpg
    image-1857908209.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 115

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good karma said:
I managed to log in to I tunes and form load my apps and music through purchases, took ages but when I connect my iPhone to the mac iTunes it down loads pictures but no apps from the phone, or any sync. The icons are shaded and unresponsive

Silly question.....but have you authorised this computer in iTunes?

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts