What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

longstreetlee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Aaah! You need to hit the home button twice and and close the app and then go into it again. It's a blip I thought was corrected with IOS5.1 but it still occurs. Doesn't happen often but I call it cover art bug. Cover art on big screen makes it crash. Having said that I have put cover art on a lot since and it hasn't happened for a while. There is a music app thread dealing with this called Anybody else wondering why they made the changes they did to the iPod app'. I think. I'll check.

Sent from my fantastically, wonderful iPhone using iPF

Thanks! But I get a bar at the bottom with all my apps which I can scroll through by pushing buttons to the right and left. When I tap "music" again I get the same screen.

longstreetlee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! I bought a highly rated book on (supposedly) every facet on the IPad 2 (including the latest 5.1 operating system). I did what it said but still having the problem. Another member said it was a glitch that was supposed to be fixed by 5.01.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! I bought a highly rated book on (supposedly) every facet on the IPad 2 (including the latest 5.1 operating system). I did what it said but still having the problem. Another member said it was a glitch that was supposed to be fixed by 5.01.
In that case, you're holding it wrong. Kidding. :) I'm familiar with an issue with the Music App (in fact several), but I don't think what you're seeing is the same thing.

There are a few things you can do to address odd behavior. Try each step successively and one of them should take care of it.

Quit Apps: To quit an app double press the Home button and the Multitasking Tray will appear at the bottom of the screen revealing all of the open apps. Tap and hold any app icon until all of the icons start jiggling. A red circle with a "-" (minus sign) will appear in the upper left-hand corner of each icon. Tap the red circle and the app will close.

Restart the iPad: Press and hold down the Sleep/wake switch on the top edge of the iPad for few seconds until the red slider appears, slide this across to shut the iPad down. Restart the iPad by pressing the Sleep/wake switch until the Apple logo appears.

Reset the iPad: You can do this by pressing the Home button and the Sleep/wake switch on the top the iPad's case and holding them down together for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. The iPad should then reset itself. The boot up process takes a few minutes and then the iPad should be responsive again. More here:

iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

Let us know how it goes!

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I started in my placement on Monday so I only had a three day week. I dunno, getting up at 5:15 for five days in a row might kill me! (if at all possible, I do not want to live 45 minutes away from the school I get a job in) :-(

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It looks like the IPF app is playing up. I get a black screen and the bottom menu blanked out whenItrylogging on. :(
Hmmm...looks fine here Richard. Try some of my "go to fixes" and see if it doesn't set it right again...

Quit Apps: To quit an app double press the Home button and the Multitasking Tray will appear at the bottom of the screen revealing all of the open apps. Tap and hold any app icon until all of the icons start jiggling. A red circle with a "-" (minus sign) will appear in the upper left-hand corner of each icon. Tap the red circle and the app will close.

Restart the iPad: Press and hold down the Sleep/wake switch on the top edge of the iPad for few seconds until the red slider appears, slide this across to shut the iPad down. Restart the iPad by pressing the Sleep/wake switch until the Apple logo appears.

Reset the iPad: You can do this by pressing the Home button and the Sleep/wake switch on the top the iPad's case and holding them down together for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. The iPad should then reset itself. The boot up process takes a few minutes and then the iPad should be responsive again. More here:

Reinstall Apps: While the app is closed press and hold its icon until all of the icons on your screen begin to jiggle. A black circle with an “X” will appear in the upper left-hand corner. Tap on the “X” and confirm that you want to delete the app. Reset the iPad (using the instructions above).

Open the App Store App and tap on "Purchased" in the bottom toolbar. Locate the app you just deleted. Tap on the download button (cloud) and the app will be reinstalled. (Downloading any app already purchased again is free).

Apps that require logins, etc. will need to be set up again. More here:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
richsadams said:
Hmmm...looks fine here Richard. Try some of my "go to fixes" and see if it doesn't set it right again...

Reinstall Apps: While the app is closed press and hold its icon until all of the icons on your screen begin to jiggle. A black circle with an “X” will appear in the upper left-hand corner. Tap on the “X” and confirm that you want to delete the app. Reset the iPad (using the instructions above).

Open the App Store App and tap on "Purchased" in the bottom toolbar. Locate the app you just deleted. Tap on the download button (cloud) and the app will be reinstalled. (Downloading any app already purchased again is free).

Apps that require logins, etc. will need to be set up again. More here:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Hi Richard

Many thanks for this. I powered off and restarted the iPad, and everything is working fine now.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The news about Gary Speed is so sad. Why did he do it? Our thoughts are with his family.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Was he having family problems, management problems? we won't know unless someone tells us. Didn't know him but i feel for his family and friends.

Most reactions

Latest posts