What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tethering

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have 2 new ipads ( 3g and wifi only). I would like to know it it's possible to share the 3G facility on the wifi only one when out and about should wifi become unavailable. Many thanks

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I_luv_Apple said:
I have 2 new ipads ( 3g and wifi only). I would like to know it it's possible to share the 3G facility on the wifi only one when out and about should wifi become unavailable. Many thanks

The new iPad with 4G can be a hotspot, but it depends on your cellular data provider and what kind of protocol cell data your new iPad 4G has. For example, here in the USA, Verizon iPads can be hotspots. But AT&T has chosen not to offer that capability.

OP
I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MattIM said:
The new iPad with 4G can be a hotspot, but it depends on your cellular data provider and what kind of protocol cell data your new iPad 4G has. For example, here in the USA, Verizon iPads can be hotspots. But AT&T has chosen not to offer that capability.

Many thanks for the response. I have the new iPad but the "4g" facility isn't available in the uk yet :(. I'm going to check with all service providers. Thanks again

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
rosaura1234 said:
What does that mean?

Tethering is a process that allows a device, in this case a wifi only iPad to get access to the Internet via another device, in this case the new iPad with cellular data plan, by creating a hot spot.

Most reactions