What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tethering

Jarola

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just jailbroke my iPad and I'm looking for a good tethering solution. Can anyone suggest a good option? How would teathering work? Via cable, wifi or bluetooth?

Thanks!

Jarola

ipadfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just jailbroke my iPad and I'm looking for a good tethering solution. Can anyone suggest a good option? How would teathering work? Via cable, wifi or bluetooth?

Thanks!

Jarola

Please give more information. Are you trying to tether to your smartphone. You don't need to jailbreak your iPad for that. I currently use my rooted G1 to tether to (Wifi Tether Ad-hoc mode).

OP
J

Jarola

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks!

Jarola

Please give more information. Are you trying to tether to your smartphone. You don't need to jailbreak your iPad for that. I currently use my rooted G1 to tether to (Wifi Tether Ad-hoc mode).

Ok, I have a jailbroken iphone 3g that I wanted to share my internet connection with my ipad....I am trying to acheive the same scenerio as you.

Thanks!

benst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to install MyWi on the iPhone, so it will act as a wifi hotspot, through which you will connect your iPad to the internet.

MyWi is $10 or $20.

Shambone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mywi 4.0 on my jb 3GS iPhone and its worth every penny. I use my iPhone plan with o2 that includes unlimited data so when paired up with my iPad it's not cost me a bean :)

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks!

Jarola

Simple, if u have a windows mobile or android phone, get a wifi tethering app fir it. It was the first thing i tested in the apple store. I even amzed the associate helpin me cuz i wanted to make sure the ipad could detect and connect to my xDA-WiFi tethering app. Which is free by the way. The phone i have is the Rhodium Tilt2 on win mo 6.5.1. It worked n was telling the guy how the 3g ipad would be a waste of $, especially if i can tether thru data connections im already paying for with att. Wifi tether will give u the fastest download/upload speeds. My ipad automatically connects now to my phone when i run the tethering app. I just noticed im getting very good with this ipad onscreen keyboard..lol. Anyways, i believe my tethering app uses ad-hoc connection, meaning computer to computer or device to device. I had bought an archos 5 right b4 the ipad but i couldnt get it to detect the signal i was puttimg out, adhoc. So i returned it and got the ipad a week or so later. Im sooooo glad i did n got this ipad. It only accepts the second type of connection which is infrastructure mode. U can find infrastructure wifi tethering apps on android. It turns ur device into a mobile hotspot allowing up to 5 or so devices to connect to the internet wirelessly thru yours.

FahQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mywi 4.0 on my jb 3GS iPhone and its worth every penny. I use my iPhone plan with o2 that includes unlimited data so when paired up with my iPad it's not cost me a bean :)

This is what I do as well. Saves some serious $$$ IMO

Most reactions

Latest posts