What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tethered shooting with the ipad?

jagentis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's great. Can the eye-fi handle large raw files? I always thought that worked well with jpgs only. I'll have to check it out. Thanks

AceCoolie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use ShutterSnitch and an eye-fi card with my iPad2. This set up supports RAW but you can't view them on the iPad so I don't send them. I use a D3 with 2 CF cards. One gets my raw images and the other is an eye-fi card in a CF adapter that receives jpgs and sends them to the iPad.

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
I use ShutterSnitch and an eye-fi card with my iPad2. This set up supports RAW but you can't view them on the iPad so I don't send them. I use a D3 with 2 CF cards. One gets my raw images and the other is an eye-fi card in a CF adapter that receives jpgs and sends them to the iPad.
Why can't you view them on the iPad? I use both JPGfine + Raw and they load and display and a friend of mine shoots strictly raw and they display fine also (although we both download from the CF in an iPad CFR adapter).

AceCoolie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't think the iPad had a raw converter. Maybe it does now, or it's displaying the embedded jpg. I thought I remembered trying it once and I couldn't view the image. I apologize if I'm wrong.

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
I didn't think the iPad had a raw converter. Maybe it does now, or it's displaying the embedded jpg. I thought I remembered trying it once and I couldn't view the image. I apologize if I'm wrong.
Good point, It could be displaying the embedded jpg. We didn't talk about it in detail. I'll have to ask him if he knows.

-edit-

OK, I did a test... I took this Raw on my D700, captured it on my iPad2, and then emailed it to myself. The image was 13.7 MB according to my email and while the image was nicely displayed on the iPad, I have no way of knowing whether it was the NEF (raw) or the embedded jpg (do I?). But does it matter? Perhaps not.
winston-photo.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions