What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shoot DSLR tethered to ipad

cwbabcock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible to shoot my Cannon DSLR tethered to the iPad thru a USB cable and the camera attachment? I've read about using an Eye-Fi SD card, but can it be done with just a USB cable?
Chuck

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't seen an app like you described. There are apps that allow you to tether a laptop computer to the camera with USB, and then control the laptop with your iPhone or iPad, via wifi. The only reason I can think of that we can't tether directly to and iDevice is that Apple only allows programming API's from Apple, no third party API's allowed, and they don't have and API that will enable this function. (API = Application Programming Interface, an interface that allow programs to talk to the device hardware.)
Doesn't appear to be much hope in this area, sorry. I would love to see this type of app happen myself.

Most reactions

Latest posts