What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shooting Video Using External Audio

IndieP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using Filmic Pro on my iPad Air 2 to shoot video and would like to use an external XLR mic (possibly connected to a mixer) to record the audio while shooting video at the same time. Suggested mixers have been the Beringer Q502 USB Mixer and the Yamaha AG03 and AG06, is this possible, or must it be dual system sound whenever using external equipment?

Thanks

pronoya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I record with an Audio Technica boom mic into a Tascam 60DMKII. I then sync the video with the audio in post. This gives me the best quality. For Concert footage, I use the boom mic in the room on one channel and ask for a stereo aux line from the main audio mixer and record on a second channel. This gives me a good quality audio mix.

For more portability, you can consider any one of the Zoom recorders, depending on your project. Again, just sync in post. There are any number of clapper board apps for the iPad or iPhone.

Most reactions

Latest posts