What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"terminal" not working after jaibreak

locus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK so I just got the ipad WiFi 32GB, I jaibreaked it using Spirit, everything working ok as far as I can tell, I wanted to change the root password, when I click terminal for a short second a window pops up then closes, terminal is not running, how can i get this to work or how can I change the root password ? I read here in the forum I can log in remotely from the desktop and do that, I am a very newbie on this how would I do that, is it very important to change the root password ? I am using Windows 7 on two PC's one has itunes 9.1 the other has 9.2, I used the PC with itunes 9.1 to do the jailbreak.

any help would be appreciated

thanks

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you install ssh the first thing it will ask you to do is change root.

60DegreeVVT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i installed openSSH and terminal and i cant get anything to work...

Please assist?

i click on Terminal and it crashes. i downloaded open SSH and it just installed and did nothing.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
terminal doesnt work on the ipad yet.

after installing openSSH install the Rock app.
After launching the rock app it will prompt you saying that your still using the default openssh password and allow you to set a new one.

OP
L

locus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks MikesTooLz, worked like a charm

Most reactions

Latest posts