What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help ... cannot connect via SSH to iPad

Merk13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every time I try and connect with WinSCP I get the "Server Unexpectedly Closed Connection" error. When I looked around it seems there is a Cydia related virus that can cause this if you fail to change your SSH password (which I hadnt) however the only way, it seems, to change your password is with Mobile Terminal which is not updated for 4.3.3

So what do I do now ???

:confused:

*Update ... Ok, I went in through ifile and deleted a line from com.ikey.bbot.plist and reinstalled openssh and I am back in so its seems I have been infected with the iKee virus. So now I am in but without MobileTerminal for OS 4+ how do I change my ssh password to keep this from happening again ?

Last edited:

tianicol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys I am sorry to annoy you but I do not know what to do. I have the same ipad like Mer13 with the same configuration, and today got a message that springboard is crashed. Found out about the same virus, but I do not have your experience to solve the problem alone. All of my applications are disabled, because of the safe mode. I have Cydia. Really I am lost,can you help me?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys I am sorry to annoy you but I do not know what to do. I have the same ipad like Mer13 with the same configuration, and today got a message that springboard is crashed. Found out about the same virus, but I do not have your experience to solve the problem alone. All of my applications are disabled, because of the safe mode. I have Cydia. Really I am lost,can you help me?

That was incredibly random!!!!

It's not a virus, it is a function that is built into MobileSubstrate to save you from a restore in case a tweak doesn't work properly.
To get out of safe mode tap on the the time in the status bar and that window will pop up again. Tap respring and your iPad will respring. If it crashes and dumps you in safe mode again, try uninstalling the last thing you installed from Cydia. That tweak might not have been compatible.

Most reactions

Latest posts