What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Talking GPS app?

odiedude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I am a new iPad 2 user. I'm looking for an app with a talking GPS feature in it so that the device would actually speak out the names of roads, how far to walk/drive when traveling, etc. Is there an app out there that will do this?

Tassiecelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes there are a few, but I found theyt don't work unless you have a wifi plus 3G iPad.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MotionX GPS Drive provides voice guidance and has a selection of voices you can choose.... The app only costs $2.99, but they ding you for the voice guidance feature. It's free for a month, then you have to subscribe to keep it going. It's $2.99 per month or $19.99 a year. The app remains fully functional, but if you don't subscribe, the voice goes away.

It's a great app.. I use it all the time. It has replaced my old Magellan dedicated GPS unit which now lives in a drawer. (You do need a 3G subscription to download the maps real-time as you drive).... See link below:

MotionX™ | MotionX News » MotionX-GPS Drive

Zergslayer69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What about tethering an iPhone to a wifi iPad, but the gps app is on the iPad. Would that still work?

Most reactions