What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncronizing iPad in 2 computers and not losing apps

Creatip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there. I'm new to Ipad, and I'm having problem similiar with this thread starter, so I thought I'd post it here.

I just bought a second hand/used Ipad from a friend of a friend (to keep things simple, let's just say Mr.X). This Ipad was synced to his PC, using his apple ID of course. Now when I want to purchase new apps from Itunes, it asked me to register or use existing apple ID.

The problem is I can't get in touch with X anymore, so I can't transfer purchase from his apple ID or login with his apple ID. If I understand correctly, if I create new apple ID, purchase an app and sync it, then all the existing apps on my Ipad will be wiped out? There are many great applications on the Ipad that I hate to lose.

Are there any way around this problem, or am I stuck with only two options (continue using the ipad as it is now, or wipe out all data, and start fresh)?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

mkdow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes! Wooo hoooo ! It worked. Thanks.
I have my iPad 2 about a month and am loving it. Can't wait for iOS 5.

Most reactions

Latest posts