What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing New MacBook Pro with iPad

liamsutton6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking to buy a new MacBook Pro to replace my Sony Vaio
is there any way to sync in a way to keep my contacts and notes or will I have to sync as a new device with iPad and new laptop and type them all over again manually

Cheers

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking to buy a new MacBook Pro to replace my Sony Vaio
is there any way to sync in a way to keep my contacts and notes or will I have to sync as a new device with iPad and new laptop and type them all over again manually

Cheers

Wow - I'm about to do the exact same thing - same machines too!! I find the whole sync process very mystifying - but then my brain is normally only operating at ½ normal capacity - and that's saying something - so I'll be very interested in the responses that you get. I don't *think* there is a fundamental problem here, it's simply that when your brain is operating at ½ power, it's easy to totally erase everything.....and basically I'm a coward....;-))

Tim
Scotland

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, twerppoet for those links; I had not come across them before....

I think Col.Bris is just trying to make us jealous - Gold Coast Beach!! It was 38ºF on Aberdeen beach (in the North East of Scotland) yesterday. No way anyone was sitting/sunbathing on that beach!! I have lived here for over 25 years and I've only ever seen people sunbathing once and that day was so unusual they had pictures in the local newspaper.....

Tim
Scotland

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok back from the beach..

Switch 101: Migrate your Windows files or system to your Mac
Link
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2518

I suggest you purchase office Mac as it has every thing you need for comparability. Of sharing documents. I prefer Apple mail for email. And address book for contacts but that is your call.Hopes it helps. Col

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts