What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing Microsoft outlook calendar to iPad

PvtMatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The last post I saw indicated it was impossible to sync the MS calendar to the iPad. Is that still true? What is a good 3rd part app that does not require Google or some other online site?

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
PvtMatter said:
The last post I saw indicated it was impossible to sync the MS calendar to the iPad. Is that still true? What is a good 3rd part app that does not require Google or some other online site?

I have been sync'ing MS Outlook calendar from day one with iPad 1 and 2 just fine, both directions. You have to set it up in iTunes. However, I can only sync on plugging in with desktop, not "over the air."

Studor13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The 'bear is correct. You can also sync with an iPod touch. What is also neat is that you can view all calendars or only selected ones.

As a side question why can't I sync mail in Outlook?

Laban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PvtMatter said:

I have been sync'ing MS Outlook calendar from day one with iPad 1 and 2 just fine, both directions. You have to set it up in iTunes. However, I can only sync on plugging in with desktop, not "over the air."

Waiting for my iPad and this is worrying me. Is this really, what a failure it is! No work around for this?

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can sync over the air if you have an OWA exchange account. If your company uses Outlook exchange server, then you can sync over the air no problem. I do this for work everyday. Works with outlook calendar too!

Tom P.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am sync'ing Outlook 2007 Mail, Notes, and Calendar to my iPad-2 and iPod Touch without any problems. Yes, it is done through iTunes with the settings under the Info tab. New mail arrives directly on the iPad and IPod but new Notes and Calendar entries from the PC only happen upon sync through iTunes. I set up my mail accounts in Outlook to delete messages from the server after one day instead of the default that deletes them immediately upon download. In this way, I get all new mail on all devices, not just one.

Laban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can sync over the air if you have an OWA exchange account. If your company uses Outlook exchange server, then you can sync over the air no problem. I do this for work everyday. Works with outlook calendar too!

Aha, okay. Good, my company has a hosted Exchange so that should be no problem. Thanks for clearifying.

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tom P. said:
I am sync'ing Outlook 2007 Mail, Notes, and Calendar to my iPad-2 and iPod Touch without any problems. Yes, it is done through iTunes with the settings under the Info tab. New mail arrives directly on the iPad and IPod but new Notes and Calendar entries from the PC only happen upon sync through iTunes. I set up my mail accounts in Outlook to delete messages from the server after one day instead of the default that deletes them immediately upon download. In this way, I get all new mail on all devices, not just one.

You must be using some sort of POP system instead of IMAP. However my company set it up, I can control what email is on the server from any device (without having to set it to remove after 1 day) and the calendar syncs over the air.

crchase03

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cannot sync Outlook 2007 Calendar to iPad

IPad synchs WIN7 Outlook 2007 Notes and Contacts but will NOT sync Calendar. This actually started after I removed Mobile Me which totally screwed up my Outlook Calendars and Contacts. I have gone through all of the recommended Apple troubleshooting including totally removing iTunes and reloading. I even reset the iPad in iTunes but used the saved data for recovery. Is the next step to toally blow out iPad in iTunes and build it new?

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
crchase03 said:
IPad synchs WIN7 Outlook 2007 Notes and Contacts but will NOT sync Calendar. This actually started after I removed Mobile Me which totally screwed up my Outlook Calendars and Contacts. I have gone through all of the recommended Apple troubleshooting including totally removing iTunes and reloading. I even reset the iPad in iTunes but used the saved data for recovery. Is the next step to toally blow out iPad in iTunes and build it new?

If you used the saved data for recovery, you might have put back whatever weird setting that prevents the calendar from syncing. Have you tried removing that particular exchange account from your iPad and then re-adding it? And enable calendar sync.

crchase03

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad calendar sync outlook 2007

I totally reset the iPad to factory defaults and then rebuit all of my sounds, photos and outlook syncs and it is working fine. I still say Mobile Me caused this and other problems. It is history!

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
crchase03 said:
I totally reset the iPad to factory defaults and then rebuit all of my sounds, photos and outlook syncs and it is working fine. I still say Mobile Me caused this and other problems. It is history!

Stinks you had to go through all that trouble but I'm glad it works now. I guess I'll avoid mobile me for now until I decide to completely make the switch.

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I can now sync Outlook calendar w/out iTunes, but sync contacts via Outlook/iTunes. Set up Google Calendar to sync with my Outlook, and unchecked to sync via ITunes. Now if I make a change on the road, it is sync'd correctly back to Outlook by the time I get back home. Don't have to re-enter appointments or scheduled jobs again. Don't have to remember to sync up phone or iPad before leaving. I unchecked on phone and IPad via iTunes to sync with iTunes before setting up GC so I wouldn't have a conflict, and in calendar on iGadgets made sure to choose and set up Google calendar access. Also had to uninstall or disable first any sync add-ons in Outlook.

Carlloch90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could always google calendar/gmail to sync all of your appointments with any number of devices. I've set up 2 pc and 2 iPhones for my mates business so no matter where he enters an appointment all devices sync up perfectly.

Most reactions

Latest posts