What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Synching photos FROM Ipad

windycitycouple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New IPad owner here andjust wanted to say the forum has been great in helping me with my new toy!!

One question I cant find an answer to is photo synching FROM the IPad. I have the camera connector kit and have been putting phots on my IPad like crazy. Problem is when I sync to he PC with ITunes the pictures dont move from the IPad to the PC.

What am I mssing?

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
New IPad owner here andjust wanted to say the forum has been great in helping me with my new toy!!

One question I cant find an answer to is photo synching FROM the IPad. I have the camera connector kit and have been putting phots on my IPad like crazy. Problem is when I sync to he PC with ITunes the pictures dont move from the IPad to the PC.

What am I mssing?
It seems to me they should. Most Syncs are 2 way. This sounds like 1 Way. I am going to check the Guide.

OP
W

windycitycouple

iPF Noob
Reaction score

What am I mssing?
It seems to me they should. Most Syncs are 2 way. This sounds like 1 Way. I am going to check the Guide.

I checked all the ITunes options and in Photos there is just a choice on what folder to synch from. There has to be a two way synch option I am missing....

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your iPad will show up as a removable storage device in windows or whatever file explorer you use...the only thing that will be accessible is the photos.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your iPad will show up as a removable storage device in windows or whatever file explorer you use...the only thing that will be accessible is the photos.

Matthew is right. The iPad should appear as a camera to Windows and Windows should ask you if you want to import the photos. You may want to keep an eye on what you bring on to the computer and keep on the iPad. If you sync to the computer and don't delete them from the iPad and then use iTunes to sync back to the iPad, you can end up with two copies of your photos taking up space on your iPad.

Are you confused now?

OP
W

windycitycouple

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Matthew is right. The iPad should appear as a camera to Windows and Windows should ask you if you want to import the photos. You may want to keep an eye on what you bring on to the computer and keep on the iPad. If you sync to the computer and don't delete them from the iPad and then use iTunes to sync back to the iPad, you can end up with two copies of your photos taking up space on your iPad.

Are you confused now?

LOL....very. But I think I got it. Appreciate the help guys!!

Most reactions

Latest posts