What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Switch to mac?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are no perfect computers. Apple has an overall better reputation and user experience. If there is a conflict with a external component, it is usually the other device that is at fault. Bad software is often the problem, especially when the add-on device manufacturer does not follow all the rules set by Apple. Windows has to be less demanding in what they work with because they are a business orientated operating system. This has pros and cons, but in both cases the rules of the system have to be
followed.

TonyR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams;209193 After paying as much as you did for your Macbook Air you shouldn't be complacent...I know I wouldn't be. What you're describing is not normal at all and deserves to be resolved.[/QUOTE said:
Another "Windows style" glitch this morning. My MBA decided to forget the security passwords for the home WiFi so I had to enter them again. Minor problem easily sorted but again the sort of thing I was strongly assured did not happen with Macs.

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lots has been said about hardware and software.

I just want to add that aesthetic value plays a part, too. Would you get an ugly fridge or car? I want the things I use to be visually appealing, whether it's my bike, toaster, or computer.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Man...I really hate the quote abilities of this forum. Based on the post above it attributes something someone else said to me. Ugh.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
Man...I really hate the quote abilities of this forum. Based on the post above it attributes something someone else said to me. Ugh.

How so? I'm lost.
I can see what happened looking at the post I was complaining about on my computer now. The OP made a mistake and deleted the closing bracket from the html quote tag.

However I was reading it on Forum Runner on my iPhone (excellent iPad Forums integration BTW!) at the time and here is what it looks like on Forum Runner right now:

2uqj2vd.jpg

As you can see it attributes the quote from the OP to me. I've seen this happen a number of times...to me and others. It's a multi-quote issue and I'm not sure how to resolve it (or keep someone from tinkering with quotes), but when someone "puts words in my mouth" it leaves a bad taste. :(

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, I was wondering what Sabre had said to get response. alls well unless they get the quotes sorted out?

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, I was wondering what Sabre had said to get response. alls well unless they get the quotes sorted out?

Yes...it turns out that it was an error by the OP, not something wrong with the forum. Nothing much you can do about folks making mistakes (and not correcting them :rolleyes: ). Life is still good. :)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
richsadams said:
Yes...it turns out that it was an error by the OP, not something wrong with the forum. Nothing much you can do about folks making mistakes (and not correcting them :rolleyes: ). Life is still good. :)

Great! Happy again

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:

Great! Happy again

Ha! Your response had the word "Great" underlined (ad link). When I clicked on it, it popped up an ad...for the new Blackberry Playbook! :p The irony. :D

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
richsadams said:
Ha! Your response had the word "Great" underlined (ad link). When I clicked on it, it popped up an ad...for the new Blackberry Playbook! :p The irony. :D

how weird. Hee hee

firedog25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Should I switch to Mac (the new iMac)? Why?
I've been a pc user since 92 but the more I integrate a computer into everything I do I feel like Mac is a more intuitive way to go.
Your thoughts please...

I've owned a variety of platforms over my computing lifetime from a Commodore 64 to my current HP i5 laptop. My next laptop will be a Macbook regardless because everything I do and play is ported to Mac OS. I am sick of Windows and the issues associated with it. Although with 7 those problems have for the most part been mitigated, I still have issues.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did the unforgiveable today. I talked someone out of a Mac. We had a garage sale today and someone was interested in my old Performa 636. It is a nice unit, but no USB, no ethernet. It does have two Zip drives with it, and a nice monitor, but they did not have a clue. They didn't know the difference between a Mac and a PC. I explained to them that it was like buying a 1960s car. It may look nice, but it is old technology and parts are sometimes hard to find. Not for the beginner.

OP
T

Tfstairs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in it now!!!
New iMac owner here, now I just have to get my files over from the PC.
Is it possible make this computer my main iTunes location?

Most reactions