What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mac mini or macbook pro?

What should I do?

• Keep the Mac mini

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sell the mini and buy the MacBook

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I currently have a Mac mini, and I do love it. What I don't love is all the accessories lying around (keyboard, mouse, monitor) and all the cables across my desk. So I was considering selling it all in an effort to just replace it with a 13 in MacBook Pro. (Because I don't really like the feel of a regular MacBook, and the MacBook Air is too thin for me).

Portability is not a big plus for me because I intend to keep it as a home computer anyway. But the whole "everything being built in" concept of laptops do appeal to me more. My concern is since the MacBook is more portable and exposed to more "motion," so to speak, it would decrease its life expectancy. The mini just seems more concrete to me, stable. I don't know...

Do any of you have any pros and cons of the mac mini vs the MacBook?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Which size MacBook would you consider, a 15 or 13-inch? I think one could last quite a long time, especially if you get the SSD drive. And if the screen did go out, you could connect it to a monitor. I think I would look at one of the lovely iMacs if I didn't need to move it, though.

Scottysize

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know how to vote because I have both. Both are completely different computers and function completely different. The only advice I can give you is to follow your heart. If you need a computer, sell the Mini and buy a Macbook Pro.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Another recommendation for iMac. How could you not want that lovely, huge screen? The bottom-rung iMac is quite powerful, and comes with wireless keyboard and mouse.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
LannyC said:
Another recommendation for iMac. How could you not want that lovely, huge screen? The bottom-rung iMac is quite powerful, and comes with wireless keyboard and mouse.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

X2 on the iMac (either size screen is a winner) can't go wrong, get the insides and that huge screen and it looks great on a desktop.

Most reactions

Latest posts