What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swipeselection now avaiable on Cydia

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is perhaps the best tweak available to date...on Big Boss.

OP
Gzoladz

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont know if it is me, but I have noticed that I am missing some keys when I type now. Apparently I have the bad habit of sliding my fingers when I type and this tweak makes it more evident. I will have to be more careful. It would be nice a setting to adjust the sensitivity of the "slide".

Still an amazing tweak.

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like this tweak, but I'm having some issues with it. It works ok in most data entry situations, but not all. As I'm typing this message, the gestures don't work (I'm using Atomic Browser) . It also does not work when entering text into a text document with Quickoffice. Oddly though, the gestures work when editing a Quickoffice spreadsheet.

I also seem to drop characters occasionally.

OP
Gzoladz

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mattmilw said:
I like this tweak, but I'm having some issues with it. It works ok in most data entry situations, but not all. As I'm typing this message, the gestures don't work (I'm using Atomic Browser) . It also does not work when entering text into a text document with Quickoffice. Oddly though, the gestures work when editing a Quickoffice spreadsheet.

I also seem to drop characters occasionally.

I have dropping characters also. The reason seems to be that we type a key but move slghtly the finger, hence the movement is recognized as "slide". That is why I would like a setting to manage how sensible it is. I have not tested it yet on quickoffice, will do now.

W.Steinbeck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Swipeselect and Pages

Hi, SwipeSelect is great, in deed. But it doesn't work in serveral apps, p.e. Pages.
Any help?
Thanks.
Wolfram

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, SwipeSelect is great, in deed. But it doesn't work in serveral apps, p.e. Pages.
Any help?
Thanks.
Wolfram

The only thing I can suggest is to contact the developer of SwipeSelection. Maybe he or she can update it to work with the app. Sorry, but that's all I've got.

Marilyn

Skittlz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Love This Tweak, but the Dropping Characters Due To Sliding Fingers Has Made This Tweak Unusable For Me. I Had To Uninstall It. :-(((:)(

wingzfan61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried keeping this tweak but im dropping entirely too many characters. It needs a type of sensitivity adjustment or maybe and activation mode.

SikYou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try SwipeShiftCaret guys. I can't give it a full review because I just started testing it today but you swipe on the text field instead of the actual kb. So far there are no character drops but it doesn't seem to be working as I'm writing this reply via the forums app so i'll have to see.

wingzfan61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try SwipeShiftCaret guys. I can't give it a full review because I just started testing it today but you swipe on the text field instead of the actual kb. So far there are no character drops but it doesn't seem to be working as I'm writing this reply via the forums app so i'll have to see.

Biggest issue with that one is my finger covers where im moving the cursor to lol.

Skittlz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried SwipeShiftCaret, works like a charm!! Thanks for the tip ;-)

Biaggo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does this tweak now work together with "octopus keyboard"? I read that the developer was working on making it compatible.

Anyone know?

Most reactions