What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SweetPoison's iPad 3 thread!

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what size should I buy.

emoticon-animal-066.gif

I wanted to know what folks thought about what size I should get. I am definitely getting the wifi + 3G, but I don't need to get the 64GB, like I did with the one I have now.

I only have 20 or so apps, no music and no movies ~ but LOTS of pictures on my iPad. Should I just get the 16GB, or would that fill up too fast? I'm thinkin the 32GB. I just don't know.

Last but not least ~ Do you think the prices will be similar to what they were in the past, for each model?

Thanks, Guys!

The challenge of your question all comes down to money... right? Realize the iPad2 is an awesome unit ... originally I was going to settle for a 32 gB unit since it was only $100 more than the smallest on (16) and had twice the storage. But, when you really think it thru for another $100 you get 4 times as much storage as the smallest one. Also realize that you can not upgrade and install more storage after your initial purchase. So when you buy, that is what you have to live with.
Now with yesterday's newly announced textbook stuff, Educational textbooks, Author (which is sort of a fancy page layout app), games, movies, music, pictures. All this stuff takes up space. We are campers, and the iPad2 is perfect with 10 hours of battery life.

I have about 10 movies, not many fancy games, lots of books and photos and I already have used up about 30 GB. Don't skim on storage is my opinion. I plan on having the iPad2 for several years. Eventually I could upgrade, then someone in the family gets a great hand me down.;)

i personally can't wait to get my hands on Siri on an iPad3.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I discovered something rather alarming. Apparently, the iPad 12 was released ten years ago and all of us came to be when the developers wrote an iPad app. We only think we are living and breathing when in fact, we are playing out our lives in an app created by Rovio and distributed by Big Fish Games.

Not sure what I should do. Apple's sandbox prevents me from leaving. If you ever get that anxious feeling or you think something is wrong, it is because we have not been synced yet.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
I think Bob hit it on the diode! We're living in Appleonia. The devices, the apps, the ear buds, this forum,
even us, are constructs. A fragile reality that when ripped away will set us free ...

image-3962640136.png

Beings in search of purpose, meaning, fulfillment, a higher level of consciousness. It's becoming so clear. The gestalt is now!

:)

AA

Last edited:

ucopzaha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i heard iPad 3 will be launch earlier this year in early feb...isnt it?? and it came with new tech that is bluetooth charger, if it so, it will be pretty awesome, hope so....

ucopzaha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Siri will be on the iPad3?

i've tried the new iPhone 4s's siri, its amaizing!! can imagine if its get bigger like iPad, hahahaha....this is future.... ;)

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was expecting Siri to be on the iPad 3. Some reports say it will not. One validity for the report is that the increase in data use with Siri has put more strain on the networks. One bright spot in the reports is that they are now saying that the iPad 3 will be 4G compatible before the iPhone gets it.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm expecting Apple to introduce an iPad 2s come March, which likely means I won't be upgrading this go-around. I need a real retina display and at least 128GB of storage. My real question is should I spring for the 3G/4G version over the Wifi-only version. I can't see having a data plan on an iPad....unless I get rid of my phone altogether and just use the iPad with a 4G plan for travel (I really only use my phone when I'm on travel and that is not much). Skype for phone calls. Could work, no?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm expecting Apple to introduce an iPad 2s come March, which likely means I won't be upgrading this go-around. I need a real retina display and at least 128GB of storage. My real question is should I spring for the 3G/4G version over the Wifi-only version. I can't see having a data plan on an iPad....unless I get rid of my phone altogether and just use the iPad with a 4G plan for travel (I really only use my phone when I'm on travel and that is not much). Skype for phone calls. Could work, no?

2s? Probably not. Why would Apple make a 2s when everyone is expecting a big new iPad?
The iPad 2 was a huge success, so why would Apple disappoint? (don't pull out the 4S excuse, Apple made a big mistake with that)
4g would be nice.

Most reactions

Latest posts