What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Subtitles added directly from the ipad?

andrew03

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, i want to buy an ipad air 2 but the only problem is that i havent found a tutorial on how to add subtitles directly from the ipad without the need of a computer like its possible on android
. Any ideas? Thx

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Short answer: It probably does not exist.

Longer answer:

Subtitle support is dependent on the app you use to play the video. Usually they only work with videos that already have subtitles embedded.

If there is an app or way to download and apply subtitles to a video that does not contain them (as per the video you posted), then I'm not aware of it. That's not to say it does not exist, just that it's not mainstream enough for me to have heard about it. Heck, I wasn't even aware that there were sites with subtitle files you could download and apply.

So why did I reply? Mostly to work out how little I knew. Nothing like trying to answer a questions to find that out. But second, so your post wouldn't sit here all lonely, if, as I suspect, no one else has an answer for you either.

Hope I'm wrong.

Most reactions

Latest posts