What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stream Music while multitasking

snoopy15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll try to be as detailed as possible:

Since getting my first iPad (iPad 3), I'm noticing that it seems impossible to stream music either on a web browser or through an app (like soundbox) and multitask at the same time. I realize it's possible to listen to youtube while surfing the net, but that's not what I'm looking for. Specifically, I want to be able to do something like listen to an online playlist while reading a kindle book, reading my class notes that I take on the Noteshelf app while studying, etc. (all on the iPad). Clicking the home button to switch apps stops the music immediately, and so does five finger swipe. I'm aware that you can stream YouTube in the multitask bar, but you can't make playlists on the YouTube app (which is the reason that I got soundbox in the first place). Is anyone going through the same issue as I am, and if so has anyone found a solution?

It seems silly to me that you can easily play music from the Apple Music app while using other apps, but not for any other music or video app.

Most reactions

Latest posts