What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storage

kevinhunter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to connect an external hardrive to the iPad 3? Ive seen the stagnate wifi external which looks pretty good but wondering if it can be done with a standard external ?

Also is there anyway to exchange files between an iPad and iphone via bluetooth? Thanks guys...bit of a newbie when it comes to the iPad but loving it :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to connect an external hardrive to the iPad 3? Ive seen the stagnate wifi external which looks pretty good but wondering if it can be done with a standard external ?

Also is there anyway to exchange files between an iPad and iphone via bluetooth? Thanks guys...bit of a newbie when it comes to the iPad but loving it :)

Kevin:

You might want to take a look at this thread here: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?p=354089

It talks about connecting a jail broken iPad2 to an external storage drive. They lost me early on in the conversation :))), but, if you're jailbroken, it might be something to read through.

Marilyn

dowser81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the seagate wifi media satellite and it's awesome 500gb of movies and my full iTunes library anytime I want to my iPad and iPhone ☺

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+1 to the Seagate Satellite wifi drive

Love mine, 500 GB storage for your iPad. Works also with your iPhone and MBPro as well.

Stormborn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Without jail breaking, the seagate satellite drives are the only real way to have that much space. Go download the AirDisk Pro app. It was free the other day and is now like 2$ on sale. It is pretty good and allows you to drag and drop from any computer on wifi or connect to another iOS device over Bluetooth to share files. Also allows export to other apps.

OP
kevinhunter

kevinhunter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys , I've not jail broken my iPad and I'm inclined to go with the wifi external option as its mainly to watch movies on the road so I dunno if bluetoothing would really work. I've got about 20 gb space on my phone so would be good to be able to use that right enough :) thanks everyone

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Without jail breaking, the seagate satellite drives are the only real way to have that much space. Go download the AirDisk Pro app. It was free the other day and is now like 2$ on sale. It is pretty good and allows you to drag and drop from any computer on wifi or connect to another iOS device over Bluetooth to share files. Also allows export to other apps.

+1. Just got it for 0.99$. Great app.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kevinhunter said:
Thanks guys , I've not jail broken my iPad and I'm inclined to go with the wifi external option as its mainly to watch movies on the road so I dunno if bluetoothing would really work. I've got about 20 gb space on my phone so would be good to be able to use that right enough :) thanks everyone

Thanks from me too, I just installed it on my iPad and will have a play with it later.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts