What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Still having problem with my JB on ipad2 wifi GSM....

ongjeff2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just decided to do my 1st JB on my iPad2 yesterday morning, after download and unrar the Absinthe win v0.4 on to my window 7.
I did as instruction shown :
1) I start the application.
2) connect my ipad2 with USB. ( I already did a backup with the itunes but not restore, coz of iOS 5.1)
3) Absinthe detected iOS 5.0.1 (9A405) and I click the JB button.
4) small blue bar shown up to indicate the progress of JB, it state that the JB work will take some time.... So wait...

Ok, so I just left it as it is.... But after 2 hours of time pass and it still remain as before, no progress on the blue bar indication... I open the Task Manager and the status shown that Absinthe still Running... I leave it for another 3 hours, and it still the same...
So it was me or did anybody having the same issue too???
Any advise and help are very much appreciated, (BTW, I did try it again this morning but still no luck... Sigh...)

Regards and have a nice day.
Jeff

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You must run Absinthe with Administrator privileges on Windows7. You may also have to set compatibility mode for Windows XP SP 3 by right clicking on the EXE before you run it..

Also, how much data is on your iPad? The Absinthe vulnerabilities use the backup and restore mechanisms on the iPad. If your iPad is 64GB and full it will take several hours to complete. You must also have enough hard disk space on your PC to take the backup, pwn it, then restore it again. It could be many GB in size if you have lots of data on your device.

OP
ongjeff2002

ongjeff2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
You must run Absinthe with Administrator privileges on Windows7. You may also have to set compatibility mode for Windows XP SP 3 by right clicking on the EXE before you run it..

Also, how much data is on your iPad? The Absinthe vulnerabilities use the backup and restore mechanisms on the iPad. If your iPad is 64GB and full it will take several hours to complete. You must also have enough hard disk space on your PC to take the backup, pwn it, then restore it again. It could be many GB in size if you have lots of data on your device.

Thanks bro for the prompt replied~
I have ipad2 32GB and 21GB of my storage have been used... I know the data is big but dare not restore it coz afraid this will automatically update me to iOS 5.1...
Maybe this is my problem... (btw I did use Administrator on Absinthe, used compatibility mode for XP SP 3 and have 40GB free hard disk space left on my PC.)
I think I will have to live with it without JB for the time been... Sigh...
Anyway thanks again bro for the explanation~
Regards,
Jeff.

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you connected to the internet while running the jailbreak?

OP
ongjeff2002

ongjeff2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Semel said:
Are you connected to the internet while running the jailbreak?

Yes sir, with my Internet connected while JB....

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ongjeff2002 said:
Will this affected my JB?

Not sure with the new jailbreak.Could be.Anti virus software running could also affect jailbreaking

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe try deleting everything off your iPad? As in, remove all your apps (and thats the only thing - don't reset it or anything). Don't make another backup, cause you'll want to put the iPad back as it was, whether the jail break worked or not.

Then, there'll be less "stuff" for Absinthe to have to work with/sort through...?

Now, couldn't tell you if it would make any difference, but if you've tried everything else (and followed all the set-up directions for your computer). You won't hurt anything...

Sorry you're having troubles.

Marilyn

OP
ongjeff2002

ongjeff2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Maybe try deleting everything off your iPad? As in, remove all your apps (and thats the only thing - don't reset it or anything). Don't make another backup, cause you'll want to put the iPad back as it was, whether the jail break worked or not.

Then, there'll be less "stuff" for Absinthe to have to work with/sort through...?

Now, couldn't tell you if it would make any difference, but if you've tried everything else (and followed all the set-up directions for your computer). You won't hurt anything...

Sorry you're having troubles.

Marilyn

Thanks for the advice~
Agreed, must be my apps delay the JB process... Will try to delete some of it.

Most reactions