What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Jobs Says iPad 3G Is Coming to Europe End of May, US End of April

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
steve-jobs41810.jpg

9to5Mac is reporting that Apple CEO Steve Jobs has apparently confirmed via email that the 3G iPad will be arriving in the US at the end of April as scheduled, and the end of May in the rest of the world. Jobs wrote: “Both models will be released at the end of May. Sorry for the delayâ€, to a European 9to5Mac reader who emailed him asking if the 3G iPads would be released worldwide at the end of May, or if only the Wi-Fi models would be shipped. However, when answering an email from another 9to5Mac reader who wanted to know if the 3G iPad would still be shipping in the US at the end of April as planned, Jobs replied simply: “Yesâ€. So, it looks like the iPad 3G will be released at the end of April in the US, and at the end of May, along with the Wi-Fi model, throughout the rest of the world. Finally my favourite email response of all from Steve Jobs (as reported by 9to5Mac via MacStories.net) is this reply to another European customer who berated Apple for the recently announced delay in supplying the iPad to the rest of the world:
“Are you nuts? We are doing the best we can. We need enough units to have a responsible and great launch.†That told him!

By Maura Sutton, iPad Forum
[Source: http://www.9to5mac.com]

york2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess that explains the confirmation email I received this morning:

To Our Valued Apple Customer:

Thank you for your recent order of the magical and revolutionary
iPad 3G.

We would like to confirm that your order will be shipped in late
April as communicated at the time you placed your order. You will
receive a confirmation notice when your order has shipped.

You can get up-to-date information about your order, including
shipping status and tracking number, at Apple Order Status

Thank you for choosing Apple.

Sincerely,
The Apple Store Team

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Glad they are on schedule. It would spear the demand was a bit higher than they expected. It will be interesting to see what kind of numbers they but up after the 3G and international release.

iPadman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i wonder where my email is. I never got one. I hope mine comes soon. Does anyone have a good guess when it will be released?

Dragonrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered on 3/12 & got the same E-mail. I'm betting on 4/27 shipping for 4/30 delivery - otherwise a 4/30 ship date would 'qualify', but disappoint..

TLex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't get to order until 3/13 and I have not gotten the email. Maybe soon?

GeriGoss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't wait to get my iPad....I've heard it will be released here in the UK on 24th April.....I really hope this is true....

iPadman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just got my email!!!!!!! I was getting scared there for a moment. I just wish i knew when "Late April" is.

Most reactions

Latest posts