What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SquareTrade

PamEnamel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.pameast.net
Ok, I'm officially VERY impressed with the customer service at Square Trade, a third party insurance provider for consumer electronics.

I got my ipad at Best Buy because I wanted an accidental damage warranty, and they were the only once I knew of who offered it. But I paid $289 for a two year policy. Then I saw online I could get the Square Trade warranty for just $95, and that include everything the BB warranty did PLUS submersion and PLUS pro-rated buy back.

I returned the BB warranties and bought the square trade warranty. Then I saw I could have gotten a 20% discount, so I sent them an email asking about it.

I just got a personal phone call from Square Trade customer service. They ended up giving me a 40% discount! I only paid $72 for the warranty! Plus they walked me through a bunch of stuff on their website to help me register it. Jerry, the rep, was SO patient and helpful.

He said to spread the word. The coupon code for the 40% discount is still active. I think he said it's ipad40. Either that or it was 40ipad. I'm sure you could call them and just ask. They aren't trying to keep it a secret.

Pam

Nugga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PamEnamel said:
Ok, I'm officially VERY impressed with the customer service at Square Trade, a third party insurance provider for consumer electronics.

I got my ipad at Best Buy because I wanted an accidental damage warranty, and they were the only once I knew of who offered it. But I paid $289 for a two year policy. Then I saw online I could get the Square Trade warranty for just $95, and that include everything the BB warranty did PLUS submersion and PLUS pro-rated buy back.

I returned the BB warranties and bought the square trade warranty. Then I saw I could have gotten a 20% discount, so I sent them an email asking about it.

I just got a personal phone call from Square Trade customer service. They ended up giving me a 40% discount! I only paid $72 for the warranty! Plus they walked me through a bunch of stuff on their website to help me register it. Jerry, the rep, was SO patient and helpful.

He said to spread the word. The coupon code for the 40% discount is still active. I think he said it's ipad40. Either that or it was 40ipad. I'm sure you could call them and just ask. They aren't trying to keep it a secret.

Pam

Nice, but keep in mind that more expensive insurance is often better insurance.

OP
P

PamEnamel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.pameast.net
Nugga said:
Nice, but keep in mind that more expensive insurance is often better insurance.

Obviously, I won't know how difficult a claim is until I have one (hopefully never!). But I did do a side by side comparison and SquareTrade actually covers MORE than BB. BB has an exclusion for submersion. SquareTrade covers that. Also, BB charged extra for the prorated buy back, and that was included with ST.

I'm not as negative as others about BB. We've purchased from them for years and have always been very happy. We've had to use our warranties too, and I will be the first to admit it's a piece of cake with them. Half the time they just hand you a new unit. I think they're great. BUT.... That doesn't mean I'm willing to pay four times as much for a warranty.

Pam

CIFchamp24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've worked at best buy. Black Tie is a damn rip off to be quite honest with you. Read reviews on square trade. Easy claims along with that good customer service. I bought it the friday the ipad came out.

Nugga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CIFchamp24 said:
I've worked at best buy. Black Tie is a damn rip off to be quite honest with you. Read reviews on square trade. Easy claims along with that good customer service. I bought it the friday the ipad came out.

Well okay that's good to know. Obviously best buy is too expensive then.

DLCrouch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nook forums over a BN post mostly favorable reviews of Square Trade. I also got in one the 40% off deal. You should never pay full price - they've always got some sort of deal going on (check slickdeals.net)

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also got this on Saturday with the 40% off. I wish I had looked into when I got my iPhone 4, but oh well.

zoomdroid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my warranty on Monday, 3yrs for $107. I was concerned after seeing some youtube videos of how easy it was to break the glass. The cost comes out to be $.10 per day. Totally worth it for the piece or mind and hopefully I never have to use it!

Brisco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the Squaretrade tip!

I just used the ipad40 code to purchase for my iPad2. for $72 for 2 years covering drops and spills, how can you go wrong?

Last edited:

eyeojo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone have to submit iPad for screen shatter to Squaretrade? Thx

Spongebob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone use Worthavegroup.com? Friend used it for his daughter's Macbook more than once and was very happy. Thinking I have to insure my Ipad 2.

Comparing, Squaretrade is 2-year and says no deductible but Worthavegroup is 3-year but has $50 deductible.

Last edited:

eyeojo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought squaretrade, great customer service after I botched the model number...

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a great warranty on my 65 inch TV from Square Trade for 99.00. This is a 3 year warranty and covers everything on the TV. The TV uses a bulb the project he image to the screen. The bulb alone fists 99.00. Great desks from Square Trade. I am going to insure this IPAD using Square Trade.

Sent from my iPad 32gb WIFI 3G 1st generation.

Most reactions

Latest posts