What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spy Camera with Ipad and Iphone

Foo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is really cool to link Iphone to Ipad via bloothtooth and then can
Use my camera on Iphone as a spy camera. Then you monitor
It on the Ipad. The bloothtooth distance was impressive.
Friends are impressed with Ipad and blown away to see
The to "I's" connected.

spinfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use "camera for iPad". There's probably other ones out there, but they should all work pretty much the same.

You need to dowload it on both devices (iPhone and iPad) and then open it on both. It connects through Bluetooth, and whatever is showing on your iPhone camera will also show on your iPad screen. You can tap either screen to take a pic. There is a small lag time, and it only takes pics....no video. Pretty cool though.

spinfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It only works as far apart as the Bluetooth signal can transmit, which is about 15 Ft or so (I think that's what it is anyway....haven't tested it myself). Walls and stuff don't affect it.

rowan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
rowan.us
It only works as far apart as the Bluetooth signal can transmit, which is about 15 Ft or so (I think that's what it is anyway....haven't tested it myself). Walls and stuff don't affect it.
I know that's what it's rated for but Foo said: The bloothtooth distance was impressive, so I wanted to know what he's actually getting, not just what BT is spec'ed for.

Last edited:

Deenybird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if bluetooth doesn't cut it for you, the same apps are available to transmit over a wifi connection.

spinfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know that's what it's rated for but Foo said: The bloothtooth distance was impressive, so I wanted to know what he's actually getting, not just what BT is spec'ed for.

Ahhh....gotcha

rowan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
rowan.us
if bluetooth doesn't cut it for you, the same apps are available to transmit over a wifi connection.
Oh, then my other question to Foo would be: Why aren't you using Wi-Fi? (I'm not being sarcastic. Maybe you don't have a wireless router. I'm just curious why, if these same apps work over wifi, you wouldn't use that instead.)
Wi-Fi would make your spying much more clandestine, I would think.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there no app for doing this on the iPad with just a normal wireless camera, rather than just an iPhone?

spinfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there no app for doing this on the iPad with just a normal wireless camera, rather than just an iPhone?

I'm not 100% sure, but I seriously doubt it. To even get it to work with the iPhone, you need to have the app downloaded and running on the iPhone too. There's only a limited amount of Bluetooth devices out there that the iPad has the ability to connect to (certain headsets and not others, etc), so I doubt you'd be able to connect with a Bluetooth enabled wireless camera. Possibly there's a way to do it if jailbroken though?

OP
F

Foo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not WIFI??
It was more of the novelty of using the iPhone and Ipad.
Bluetooth worked 2 bedrooms away and more. Signal carried though
2 walls. Having a IPhone set in any spot does not look as out of
Place as a camera.

JillLoftus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is one, but I think it's more for iPhone, but if I remember correctly, any idevice using the app can tap into the iPhone's camera and see what it sees on your screen, and even take photos.

Most reactions

Latest posts