What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spreadsheets on iPad

Mapmaker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know of an Excel compatible spreadsheet app for iPad that allows text rotation within cells? I need this for some work I'm doing and would love to be able to move from my laptop to iPad but so far haven't found anything that allows this.

Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Anyone know of an Excel compatible spreadsheet app for iPad that allows text rotation within cells? I need this for some work I'm doing and would love to be able to move from my laptop to iPad but so far haven't found anything that allows this.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) There are several 'office suites' for the iPad - I use Apple's iWork (Numbers = Excel; Pages = Word; Keynote = PowerPoint for MS Office equivalents) - Numbers would certainly be one to try (have the app on my iPad but cannot answer your question, i.e. I've not given that request a try); keep in mind that all of these office apps often lack the 'full powered' features of their desktop equivalents. Hopefully others who may have given this a try will 'chime in' - if you have or try Numbers and your need works, please post back just may help others - Dave

OP
M

Mapmaker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) There are several 'office suites' for the iPad - I use Apple's iWork (Numbers = Excel; Pages = Word; Keynote = PowerPoint for MS Office equivalents) - Numbers would certainly be one to try (have the app on my iPad but cannot answer your question, i.e. I've not given that request a try); keep in mind that all of these office apps often lack the 'full powered' features of their desktop equivalents. Hopefully others who may have given this a try will 'chime in' - if you have or try Numbers and your need works, please post back just may help others - Dave

Thanks for your response giradman. I've tried Numbers as well as other apps including Smart Office 2, Quickoffice and Office2 HD. none of them allow text rotation in cells.

Most reactions

Latest posts