What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excel-compatible spreadsheet for Ipad

jimrbrown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a new member of the forum. I have had an Ipad2 for six months or so. I am a big MS Excel user on my laptop with my football statistics but want to access and amend my spreadsheets on the ipad and be able to sync to my laptop. I also need to ability to see my spreadsheets on the Ipad when I am not connected to the net.

Can anyone advise on the best and most efficient app to use.

I like the sound of Iworks but will it be compatible with my windows laptop.

Thanks
Jim

SC25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I use Document to Go and it allow to store your docs in Dropbox or other cloud service or store in the iPad and sync with your PC. For my is the better Office suite for the iPad.....

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a new member of the forum. I have had an Ipad2 for six months or so. I am a big MS Excel user on my laptop with my football statistics but want to access and amend my spreadsheets on the ipad and be able to sync to my laptop. I also need to ability to see my spreadsheets on the Ipad when I am not connected to the net.

Can anyone advise on the best and most efficient app to use.

I like the sound of Iworks but will it be compatible with my windows laptop.

Thanks
Jim

Jim,

Unfortunately, no one can tell you which MS Office emulation tool will work best for you. And that is especially true for Excel. "Numbers" (part of the iWorks suite) is "compatible" with Excel but has many limitations in terms of formulas and formatting. (You cannot hide cells, as one notorious example.) I'd suggest you try Documents To Go as perhaps the most likely to meet your needs but like others, it is not a perfect emulator, especially for the most recent version of MS Office products.

If you do purchase an app and find it doesn't meet your requirements, don't hesitate to return it via the iTunes support features on iTunes (including calling them if necessary.) Although Apple does all it can to convince you that you cannot return an app, you actually can. And if you stick with it via email or a phone call you can get your money back.

Most reactions

Latest posts