What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spotlight needs to be able to search for Folder Names

zemtab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In spite of having all my apps categorized in multiple folders; I still have trouble finding the exact folder; and find myself huting for them. Alphabetizing them won't quite work for me; wish Apple would allow searching of Folder Names in Spotlight....

HedgeHogLuvva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not quite getting this, you have the apps catergorised in folders, but you can't find the folder containing the app you require?

Surely if the apps are sorted properly, then finding which folder the app you are lookng for shouldn't be any trouble, and if you know which app you are wanting, then search will pull it straight up

For example, all navigation apps i have are in a folder called travel, facebook etc are in a folder called social and so on

If you have multiple folders of the same genre, games for example, then try to be more descriptive, like, action games, rpg games etc

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Do you have like, 11 pages of folders?

If your categories are not working for you, change them. Like Hedge above me said, be more descriptive. I have 2 pages of folders, page one is for apps, page 2 is for games. I have various folders on both pages with 298 programs total.

Sorry, just trying not sound mean, but you are the only one who can fix this...

OP
zemtab

zemtab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just have LOTs of folders; "Dammit' where is my Tech Folder" Sometimes it doesn't catch your eye since it has no individual icon. I find; Im scrolling 3 right; then 3 left;then 5 right.... So I'll remove one colored icon and place it to the left of the folder; to find the folder faster; but if I could just do a spotlight search for "tech" the folder itself could easily pop up..

Although spotlight can find an individual app; sometimes I still don't know exactly its location; "is this in Food; or Cooking or Medical....

Last edited:

Saltyhacker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zemtab,
"I know EXACTLY what you mean!" (Morpheus reference)
I have hundreds of apps all arraigned in folders, yet I can't find my Facebook app other than to use searchlight. I wish searchlight displayed the folder/page it found the app in! I suspect that the app is installed but the apps icon is NOT being displayed and can only be found using searchlight.

Anyone else having this same issue?

Most reactions