What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organising Pages documents alphabetically in a folder

millymo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been able to organise my free standing Pages documents alphabetically by following the instructions to 'organise documents by name or date' but when I've put several documents into a folder I've been unable to organise them alphabetically then. I've tried, after making them 'wiggle' to drag an 'A' titled doc to the first position but it jumps back again to the original position? Thanks, hope I made myself clear!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It does not appear to be possible to manually organize the documents.

You are dragging the window down in document view so that you can see the Date/Name choice?

It's working for me. Try switching back and forth a few times and see what happens.

A restart might help as well, or closing the app in the multitask bar so that the iPad will re-launch Pages instead of resuming.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Most reactions